AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Colorado Mandatory Continuing Education Bill for Land Surveyors Working Its Way through the Legislature

For those interested in following this bill, below is the link to the Senate Committee on State, Veterans, & Military Affairs web page. Senate Com...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: LiDAR Technology Aids in Discovery of Guatemalan "Megalopolis"

Sorry for the slight diversion to a geologic application, Wendell. Here is a 2012 geologic presentation by Joel G. Duncan at the 64th annual Geologica...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: It's getting a little freaky

Posted by: MightyMoe Another job I'm working on, trying to get into yesterday I managed to get my 4-wheeler stuck, it will be there for a while. So I'...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Section have 1/4 corners?

Posted by: Loyal Imperial Entanglement ALERT! I'd run your results past Dan Webb just to be on the safe side. Loyal You lost me on the Imperial Entan...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Section have 1/4 corners?

Posted by: LRDay I'm thinking of just?ÿ using the found Tract corners.?ÿ They exist on the ground and are described in the record.?ÿ Heartburn to the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Section have 1/4 corners?

For me at least, I found it helpful to look at the two plats approved on Feb. 25, 1857 (labeled "original survey").?ÿ They show that only the easterly...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Section have 1/4 corners?

Are tract corners section corners? No Are the CC's section corners? No However, they may be regarded as such in your statutes and/or board rules.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Does Section have 1/4 corners?

I would say that Sec. 24 is both irregular and fractional and agree with Mighty Moe that there are no N1/4 and S1/4 corners.?ÿ The retracement of the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Mining Law Books and Treatises

Posted by: StLSurveyor Wow, one could become an expert with this collection - well as least headed in the right direction.?ÿ I don't know about becomi...

9 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Colorado Mandatory Continuing Education Bill for Land Surveyors Working Its Way through the Legislature

HB18 1038 was introduced in the Senate and assigned to the State, Veterans, & Military Affairs Committee on January 29, 2018.?ÿ The committee has ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting item on ebay

Nate, I didn't find the specific model "P5131" in a K&E catalog, but they did show a transit with no vertical circle (Model 5040F).?ÿ It is listed...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Clyde Porter, Idaho PLS 946 R.I.P.

No greater tribute to a surveyor than being called a mentor.?ÿ My deepest condolences on the passing of your friend and mentor, Jerry.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Mining Law Books and Treatises

Oops, SWMBO said, "what about these?"?ÿ ??ÿ Original Mining Law in Practice, G.W. Miller, 2nd ed., 1907.?ÿ Soft leather covers. In fair to good condit...

9 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Mining Law Books and Treatises

Jim, Not yet at least.?ÿ My wife has kindly suggested that I reduce my mineral survey book collection from two bookcases down to one bookcase and I sa...

9 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Western Regional Surveying Conference

See you there, Leon.?ÿ I'll be arriving Tuesday evening so I can attend the CFedS pre-conference workshop.?ÿ Email me at cekooper at gmail dot com and...

9 years ago
Topic
Forum
Replies: 7
Views: 1465
Topic
Forum
Replies: 0
Views: 807
Reply
RE: Colorado State Exam

Leon, Sorry, I cannot help myself here.?ÿ The statute is fairly restrictive and only affects section corners and quarter corners that are in dispute.?...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Colorado State Exam

I assume that the study guide that you refer to is the "CO State-Specific Professional Land Surveyor Exam Candidate Handbook" that is available on the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Colorado Mandatory Continuing Education Bill for Land Surveyors Working Its Way through the Legislature

Speaking of one of the other "C" states, I vaguely recall reading something a year ago that California lengthened the time it took to get one's licens...

9 years ago
Page 33 / 67