AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Gene Kooper
Gene Kooper
@gene-kooper
Free
Joined: May 6, 2015 9:42 pm
Last seen: August 1, 2026 10:01 am
Topics: 95 / Replies: 1244
Reply
RE: Grassy Gulch Placer - The Use of Placer Claims to Claim the Fractions Between Lode Claims

Two plots of the claims with the lode lines in red and discoveries shown as magenta circles.?ÿ The first image is the 2006 NAIP imagery.?ÿ The second ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about Colorado utility surveys

Warren, I saw that, but where's the section on 3D mapping??ÿ It appears to be an "upgrade" to the existing law on underground utility locates for exca...

9 years ago
Reply
9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ficticious Ties in Mineral Surveys

My previous two posts are an example of the problems faced by U.S. Deputy Mineral Surveyors and mining claimants throughout the western states.?ÿ In a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ficticious Ties in Mineral Surveys

In?ÿThe Mining Reporter article I posted above there are two sketch maps of the mining claims in Sec. 4, T. 16 S., R. 69 W.?ÿ The first is a connected...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Comparision of the rectangular PLSS to Mineral Surveys

Posted by: Duane Frymire Damn, turns out I'm a mineral surveyor and didn't know it:) Yep, and I'm a metes-and-bounds surveyor licensed in a PLSS state...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ficticious Ties in Mineral Surveys

One last article from The Mining Reporter.?ÿ This article is entitled, "What the Government Is Actually Doing to Mineral Patents."?ÿ It was published ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ficticious Ties in Mineral Surveys

@aliquot My comment in the first post is with regard to U.S. Deputy Mineral Surveyors fully complying with the instructions, et al. of the Surveyor Ge...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ficticious Ties in Mineral Surveys

I don't have any plans to publish the Lucky Strike story.?ÿ I wrote this as an introduction to 14 articles published in The Mining Reporter from Decem...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ficticious Ties in Mineral Surveys

For completeness, I have included the following attachments. Segregation Diagram prepared in March 1899 that shows several mining claims as indicated ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Ficticious Ties in Mineral Surveys

The elder members of this forum will likely remember the old advertising acronym for Lucky Strike cigarettes,?ÿLSMFT.?ÿ For those too young to have se...

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 21
Views: 1652
Reply
RE: Colorado Mandatory Continuing Education Bill for Land Surveyors Working Its Way through the Legislature

A quick note.?ÿ The Senate Committee on State, Veterans, & Military Affairs has tentatively scheduled a hearing on the MCE bill (HB18-1038) at 1:3...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Endless winter

Posted by: MightyMoe This is country that doesn't get much snow, at least not usually. If the area is anything like the Nebraska Sandhills where I gre...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Colorado Mandatory Continuing Education Bill for Land Surveyors Working Its Way through the Legislature

Dave, In my opinion, safety training is far different from "professional competency" continuing education.?ÿ I used to keep up my MSHA training with a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Colorado Mandatory Continuing Education Bill for Land Surveyors Working Its Way through the Legislature

Posted by: A Harris @ Gene Kooper I would say that it is because of the Engineers that Surveyors and other Professionals in the trade are being ask to...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ASPRS/ILMF conference

Not going John, but wished I had the time.?ÿ Give me a shout if you end up with some free time.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Friday Pincushion

Andy, An enterprising surveyor might consider purchasing a jar of small iron filings and getting them really rusty.?ÿ Coupled with a pair of vise grip...

9 years ago
Page 32 / 67