AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: What is your benchmark in New Orleans?

An alternate hypothesis to that presented in the scientific paper the FoxNews site links is here: I have just downloaded the FoxNews linked paper and...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How temperature affects EDM measurements

Moe Shetty, post: 316414, member: 138 wrote: I was recently involved in the measurement/recording of a new EDM calibrated baseline. It was fascinating...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Col. Brad Parkinson on Science Friday today (NPR-PRI)

It is geodesist. I am a retired one.I used "father of GPS" in quotes because there is some "controversy" with this article making the case for Roger E...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting Statistics about our profession (Florida) and ?

Dr Gary Jeffress of Texas A&M-Corpus Christi Presented a paper at FIG 2010 to address these issues. It can be accessed here: He also addresses the...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Col. Brad Parkinson on Science Friday today (NPR-PRI)

In case you don't know who he is, he was instrumental in the development of NAVSTAR GPS. After leaving the USAF he taught at Stanford.Some call him th...

10 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: 29 to 88

See file dsdata.txt located here: When using NGS data sheets users should familiarize themselves with the notations used. I have copied the notations...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 29 to 88

VERTCON is the official tool to compute shifts between NGVD29 and NAVD88. It is a model based on actual measured differences between points whose heig...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 2 point resection

As you know better than I your accuracy needs, I provide the following comparison. Inverse distance between 803 and 804: 399.324Distance by Law of C...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Need advice on building a permanent observation pier

Take a look at some of the stands and pillars as well as the information about training on astronomical observations here: A wooden stand like those i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors without Borders

One of my old colleagues, now deceased, wanted to help create an organization of surveyors who could respond to disasters. He preferred the name "Surv...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Longest baseline I've seen a fixed solution on

Mark O, post: 370296, member: 11591 wrote: Sorry for the newbie question, but what is an "epoch"? Is it the time period for a satellite to orbit the e...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Longest baseline I've seen a fixed solution on

BTW, Mr Jesse Kozlowski posted a message to him from Mr Charles Glover describing the project mentioned above. It includes a number of lovely photos o...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Longest baseline I've seen a fixed solution on

Here is the spec sheet for "Big Red" note the longest line measured: 102 miles! Heard the stories; never used it. BTW there is Technical Report descri...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Understanding Datum Realizations

Computations of the gravimetric geoid are performed in ITRF (a three-dimension system). Determining an orthometric height from an ellipsoid height req...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Understanding Datum Realizations

It is not my experience that most HARN points are/were benchmarks. Perhaps in some areas that is the case not where I've worked. The impetus to establ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Interesting article: What would happen if GPS failed

rfc, post: 371013, member: 8882 wrote: I'm good....as long as the sun and the stars stay where they are.:-) Of course precise time is dependent on G...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Understanding Datum Realizations

Lecture notes for a class on this topic are here: A few minor clarifications: HPGN was High Precision Geodetic Network, the FBN, CBN and UDN designati...

10 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: NAD83(HARN) to NAD83(2011)

You are right I do not understand your posting.My understanding was that you were comparing positions you derived for points in the NGS database with ...

10 years ago
Page 53 / 78