AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: NAD83(HARN) to NAD83(2011)

As the GEOCON documentation states:GEOCON employs high resolution grids (1 arcminute by 1 arcminute) to obtain unprecedented fidelity in modeling coor...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Head to Head tests

JOHN NOLTON, post: 370670, member: 225 wrote: Loyal years back (33 years) the FGCC which is now FGCS (Federal Geodetic Control Subcommittee) started t...

10 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: NAD83(HARN) to NAD83(2011)

Were you using NADCON or GEOCON? or GEOCON11 This tool was developed for transformations between the most recent versions of NAD83.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS - No Antenna Selection

Bow Tie Surveyor, post: 369953, member: 6939 wrote: I went to upload some data to OPUS this morning and noticed that there were no antennas to select....

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Distance between two NGS marks in SurvCE

I computed the plane coordinate inverse and compared the results from the NGS INVERSE and INVERS3D tools.My summary in meters follows:INVERS3D output ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Distance between two NGS marks in SurvCE

rfc, post: 369072, member: 8882 wrote: No gun in play yet.I took the Mark to Mark Distance from the Inverse3D sheet: 842.8015 meters. I put the SP coo...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The trig pillars that helped map Great Britain

BTW, came across some surveying pillars in the vicinity of the Sydney Opera House. See: While on a hiking trip in Ireland more than a few years ago, ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The trig pillars that helped map Great Britain

wilba, post: 368697, member: 9024 wrote: I'm an occasional Trigpointer! trigpointing.ukWished we had the OPUS system in the UK though.I hope you are a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: The trig pillars that helped map Great Britain

For those mathematically inclined, Hotine's Mathematical Geodesy is available on-line at: BTW, see this example of a South Texas pillar monument:The d...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: dynamic height

In the US use The page also provides some details about the how and why.A good summary of height systems and their definitions is here: HTH,DMM

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Wild T1,T2,T3,T4,Kern DKM3 and various levels for sale

anmps, post: 179683, member: 6950 wrote: Dear Sir Greetings for the day. With reference to the this website. We have some Wild T2 theodolites in india...

10 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Precise Orbit Availability Delay

Those interested in the minutiae of orbit calculation, combination, QC and dissemination can monitor the process via IGSMail. Some examples of what's ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Does quasi-decadal periodicity affect GPS observations?

Sorry about that. BTW, a more accessible article on the issue of Earths tipping 's here: It was linked from the GRACE site:

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Does quasi-decadal periodicity affect GPS observations?

Actually the nice explanation to which I referred is section 1.2 on page 5 (printed page). The maths starting on 61 are nice in a different way...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Does quasi-decadal periodicity affect GPS observations?

rfc, post: 366860, member: 8882 wrote: I know it's not Friday, the day I usually ponder the larger ponderables before heading out into the field, but ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I use two NGS Marks for Azimuth "control"?

If my post seemed harsh it was because your situation brought back bad memories of observers occupying wrong disks and adding work days to projects. O...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I use two NGS Marks for Azimuth "control"?

One other comment. You have occupied a point you say is an NGS-published monument with a good position. From this point you have a geodetic azimuth (d...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I use two NGS Marks for Azimuth "control"?

As for 3., I don't know what to think. This Grasshopper's first instinct is certainly NOT to claim an NGS documented survey mark is in the wrong place...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can I use two NGS Marks for Azimuth "control"?

I suggest you take a look at the NGS Geodetic Glossary here: UTM and State Plane are projected from geodetic coordinates: latitude and longitude. Ther...

10 years ago
Page 54 / 78