AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: This is for a class.

FWIW,As this is intended as a learning experience, perhaps the instructor intends to prompt questions rather than expecting the student to find one un...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Question on mixing GNSS receivers

I remember reading and hearing a lot the danger of mixing equipment. With the development of antenna phase models, especially the absolute models, lar...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Aerial Photogrammetry Books

Not a recommendation but a source, see: Haven't kept up with the field (now that there are multiple sensor systems field now known as Remote Sensing) ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How good can really long occupation time observations get?

Felipe G. Nievinski, post: 375417, member: 10769 wrote: Time series would be much cleaner for relative positioning over short baselines (few km).No tr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How good can really long occupation time observations get?

Kent McMillan, post: 375360, member: 3 wrote: As inexpensive as 4000ssi receivers have gotten, I'm surprised you haven't upgraded. I've bought several...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How good can really long occupation time observations get?

Loyal, post: 362871, member: 228 wrote: GAMIT (from MIT I believe) is about the same price ($25k).On the other hand, PAGES_NT (from the NGS), is FREE!...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: How good can really long occupation time observations get?

Take a look at the JPL site here: There is a link on this page above the map to "Methods" describing the process.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying in Cuba

makerofmaps, post: 375195, member: 9079 wrote: I am fasinated with the idea of going to Cuba. I play Conga's and am thinking of going down there on a ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Which "school of thought" do you side with?

Chancellor backtracks"In the interview I wanted to stress that a university education is more than the study of any one subject and that the aim is to...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Which "school of thought" do you side with?

I like Ernest May's essays in his "Lessons of the Past: the Use and Misuse of History." See: Santayana assumes we understand what happened and why an...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Using astro for location, not just azimuth

There are currently two Wild T4 instruments for sale on eBay. Prices in US dollars are $28.5K and $38.5K. Neither include the tripod. Shipping costs v...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Using astro for location, not just azimuth

On a more whimsical note, but related to gravity, see this little video about a road in Ireland where cars roll up hill.Cheers,DMM

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Using astro for location, not just azimuth

Your mention of zenith cameras brought to mind the Digital Astronomical Deflection Measuring (DIADEM) system used in the US NGS Geoid Slope Validation...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Using astro for location, not just azimuth

NGS Astro Party 1970s... Showing Wild T4 note the stand, observing stools and platform to isolate instrument from observer movement.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Col. Brad Parkinson on Science Friday today (NPR-PRI)

While the controversy over who is the father of GPS continues, surveyors and geodesists should acknowledge the important role of people like Charles C...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Using astro for location, not just azimuth

Don't understand your point. The determination of latitude, longitude and azimuth via terrestrial observations to astronomical bodies has been done fo...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Col. Brad Parkinson on Science Friday today (NPR-PRI)

R.J. Schneider, post: 374665, member: 409 wrote: That was my assumption (I do all my own stunts here) that the current GPS system was begun in around ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What is your benchmark in New Orleans?

Looking at the LSRC web page I no longer see their bench mark update page. BTW, I see a note in the presentation linked below that the LSU CORS netwo...

10 years ago
Page 52 / 78