AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Trimble 4000sse - Enable cross correlation?

FWIW,I am more familiar with the non-commercial packages. As you indicate the commercial (proprietary) packages have become more "black box" and less ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 4000sse - Enable cross correlation?

Howdy,I was not trying to be unhelpful. The issue of cc v noncc is of interest to specialist users. I do not expect there to be much available in that...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 4000sse - Enable cross correlation?

Some more details on this issue see: ftp://igscb.jpl.nasa.gov/pub/resource/pubs/06_darmstadt/IGS%20Presentations%20PDF/2_2_Schaer.pdfDr Jim Ray of the...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Trimble 4000sse - Enable cross correlation?

Jim Frame, post: 412949, member: 10 wrote: From the Trimble 4000 Series Reference: Good info. On this issue you may find of interest. Using this uti...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Antenna height problem?

I hope the dimension you use are those in this diagram from the NGS site. In the early years the field observers were always blamed for poor processin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NATRF and NAPGD

However we might want to celebrate the heroes of geodesy, I sure don't want to add to the equations above additional programming complexity of dates o...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: University Certification

Jimmy Cleveland, post: 410759, member: 91 wrote: Is the Texas A&M Master's an online program?Here is a link to their on-line Masters

10 years ago
Reply
RE: University Certification

You mean like this one?

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NATRF and NAPGD

As can be see above, the reference ellipsoid does NOT include reference to where the origin is located. You are correct that the origin of NAD83 and I...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Professional Land Surveyors of Oregon Annual Conference

gschrock, post: 410313, member: 556 wrote: Dinner with geodesy-power-couple (and nearly-weds) former NGS-ers Renee Shields and Dave Doyle.... I had o...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NATRF and NAPGD

gschrock, post: 410685, member: 556 wrote: My guess is that it will not be based on the NAD83 ellipsoid (and noting that this is more along the lines ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Calibration/Adjustment

BushAxe, post: 410447, member: 11897 wrote: Good suggestion. I have been considering adjusting my own tribrachs. I will probably invest in some calibr...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Oh No! Galileo SV Clocks Failing

Could be mid-recollecting but I thought Galileo, like NAVSTAR GPS was intended to provide two levels of service. A free and a for pay service providin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star shots

FWIW,On this topic I prefer D.B.Thomson's Introduction to Geodetic Astronomy (1981) available as a PDF below:Gave away my copy of Mackie's years ago a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS job in Denali this summer. Posting closes February 2, 2017.

GISJoel_GetItSurveyed, post: 409225, member: 11867 wrote: Mark,You are correct. Someday I will get the right acronym for them.Sent from my iPhone usin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS job in Denali this summer. Posting closes February 2, 2017.

No room for retirees? In my career I have worked in 49 of the fifty states as well as a few foreign countries. I have not yet made it to Alaska. Runni...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS and Earth Tides

FWIW, this is article "Estimates of Minor Ocean Tide Loading Displacement and Its Impact on Continuous GPS Coordinate Time Series"Also, from the READM...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS and Earth Tides

Also, from the (Windoze version) PAGES program output we see what modeling is performed and the date it was added/modified/corrected in the program. ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS and Earth Tides

The above document details the analysis strategy of the US NGS with respect to their contribution to the IGS. Note references to earth tide modeling i...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 7Parameter Bursa-Wolfe vs Helmert

Yet more relevant reading is See especially section 7.2.4.3.1.Also from DMA -> NIMA -> NGA . - NGA page showing algorithms for "Standard Moloe...

10 years ago
Page 47 / 78