AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: 7Parameter Bursa-Wolfe vs Helmert

Also relevant to the use of Helmert transformations is the discussion of NAD27 to NAD83 in The development of NADCON was initiated was solve the probl...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: 7Parameter Bursa-Wolfe vs Helmert

On Helmert's method see: For issue of B-W v M-B see:

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star shots

Shelby H. Griggs PLS, post: 407115, member: 335 wrote: Can you elaborate on that a bit. A properly done celestial observation should produce a geodeti...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star shots

This is the last edition of the Leitz Ephemeris.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Star shots

RoadBurner, post: 406675, member: 6168 wrote: It's been years since I did one, but sometimes I'd like to think that I could do an hour-angle observati...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: A Giant in Geodetic Surveying is Gone

I mourn his passing as well.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS height uncertainty?

Sorry. I did not closely read your post. I agree that the position shift between solutions hardly would result in a different geoid-ellipsis separatio...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: OPUS height uncertainty?

Obviously the definitive answer will come from the NGS. I would not be surprised if the did not use the uncertainties available from their Geoid tools...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Bench Mark magnetic material?

FWIW,I consider this field to be appropriate for the mark setter only. While, as you indicate, one can determine it with a detector.I would choose "Ot...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Careful out there cleaning out rod mark covers

Unfortunately I must confess that this was hardly the most stupid thing I've done. Not all when I was young...I aspire to be situationally aware.

10 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Bench Mark magnetic material?

Loyal, post: 403368, member: 228 wrote: I suspect (but really know) that it may be because Bench Marks are often used (observed) during Ground Magneti...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Leap Second

Hardly occur at regular intervals...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: NRCS XYZ file conversion program

SET is part of a larger program suite: EFT.I frankly hate it when people use XYZ to refer to 2D horizontal plus a 1D height. I only read the posting t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: GPS Spoofing article

And then there is this: and other articles linked from the site. Note references to Iranian spoofing of drones to allow their capture as well as some...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Teqc option settings?

I confess that modern receivers,antennas and software are amazingly capable. For the most part human intervention is unnecessary. As I started GPS pro...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Teqc option settings?

View the output files using qcview See:

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Best Teqc option settings?

Perhaps these screen captures fromwill help. Note the file names of the *.10o and *.10n files.

10 years ago
Page 48 / 78