AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: OPUS Down

Just curious but why depend solely on OPUS? While I havenƒ??t kept up with the other tools since I did a comparison years ago ), other free processing...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 1
Views: 849
Reply
RE: Someone at NGS is editing recovery reports, and getting them wrong

A post to this thread reads: ƒ??Geocachers submitting recovery reports is also totally unacceptable.?ÿ In central Louisiana, if one checks the NGS ben...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Conflicting Text Reference

THe US NAVSTAR GPS satellites orbit the geocenter at a nominal value of 26,560,000 meters. This value?ÿis readily verified using values from a RINEX N...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Someone at NGS is editing recovery reports, and getting them wrong

FWIW, ?ÿ Ascribing bad intentions to those submitting erroneous information about survey monuments to the NGS Recovery Page is unfair. ?ÿ Given the i...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: NGS DATASHEET chuckle of the day.....

Or maybe the BC-4 ballistic camera program. See:?/p> If that link doesnƒ??t work try?/p> ?ÿMore accessibly described here/p>

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Low Distortion Projection help needed - solving for "k" aka Grid Scale Factor at a Point

As a longtime user of?ÿ Matlab I can whip out a script in short order for most tasks of interest to me. Like spoken languages, my ability to deal with...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic declination and magnetic field flip for Earth

I noticed in todayƒ??s LV Review Journal that Art Bell, age 72, died at his home in Pahrump, NV. He was repored to have founded and broadcast from KNY...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Simplest GPS road profiler

More pictures of the profiler are here:?/p> I am not sure of the accuracy specification but this device is used to capture airport runway heights. I b...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Simplest GPS road profiler

The US NOAA/NGS Airport Surveyƒ??s uses/used a towed unit shown in their logo. Copied below. Contact them for details. ?ÿ Back in the early 1990s I wa...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Magnetic declination and magnetic field flip for Earth

I call your Fred Neil with this from the great Tom Lehrer

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Low Distortion Projection help needed - solving for "k" aka Grid Scale Factor at a Point

I donƒ??t whether there are any Matlab users but I just found out today that Clive Moler is working to develop a quadruple precision capability! ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Low Distortion Projection help needed - solving for "k" aka Grid Scale Factor at a Point

I cannot edit my post. I just wanted to add, on the issue of the value of ƒ??e^2ƒ? that Dr Milbert, former NGS Chief Geodesist, iteratively computed ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Low Distortion Projection help needed - solving for "k" aka Grid Scale Factor at a Point

FWIW, Mr Dennis derived his equation from Stemƒ??s manual ). Stemƒ??s manual solves for ƒ??kƒ? in parts; I think it is easier to code that way. BTW, ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid Slope Validation Survey - 2017 Presentation and Article

Bill93, I have no insight into NGS plans. I had hoped a final report and supporting data would be made available to see how the data was analyzed.?ÿ I...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Geoid Slope Validation Survey - 2017 Presentation and Article

No skullduggery involved. I had some problems with my settings resulting in the display of my email address. I deleted the post to eliminate the unwan...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Journal of Geodetic Science article on a mathematical analysis of systematic errors in NAVD88 (Open Source)

On the matter of Helmert heights, see Sneeuwƒ??s paper which discusses the Prey reduction.?ÿ ?ÿ ?ÿ

9 years ago
Page 40 / 78