AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
geeoddmike
geeoddmike
@geeoddmike
Free
Joined: September 19, 2010 1:58 pm
Topics: 188 / Replies: 1368
Reply
RE: Rinex file separating....HELP

I understand that you have three (3) separate RINEX files from three different sites that fail when submitted to OPUS. The error message indicates tha...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Grid and True North

The NGS Glossary provides the following: ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: How do you deal with the heat?

I will be in Helsinki starting Saturday. My solution to +110 F temperatures here in LV. Finns have punched above their weight in modern geodesy e.g. H...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Leveling technique?

For those interested in a different approach related to the threadƒ??s subject see:

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Resection procedure in the modern era

Older individuals too:> I never considered, nor performed, any other type. 

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Resection procedure in the modern era

Thanks for the reference. I confess that I did not even consider anything other than an angle-only approach. I reveal my age. Observed both methods i...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: RINEX: new data not received in last 10 day

Iƒ??d check:/p> You can also check site logs and contact site operator. Good luck with that.

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Resection procedure in the modern era

As can be seen in the image file, the solution of the unknowns (X and Y angles) are not independent. ?ÿHence the rationale for the inclusion of additi...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: U.S. Survey Foot Scheduled to Die of Natural Causes in 2022

I cannot understand the brouhaha about this decision. Firstly, the decision states that Commerce Department entities: NGS and NIST will discontinue s...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying on TV

Donƒ??t see mention of Ward Cleaver, Beaverƒ??s father on ƒ??Leave it to Beaver.ƒ? He was a surveyor in the SeaBees during WWII. See:/p> ?ÿ

7 years ago
Reply
RE: right angles (spherical triangle rectangle)

Beyond the explicit question in the original post, not sure what you are curious about. Napierƒ??s rules and mnemonic relates to solving quantities in...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

Dr Ghilani has greatly contributed to the surveying community and continues to do so. I recollect he wrote a series of articles for the XYHght magazin...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment Training

Good luck. Perhaps someone familiar with the Microsurvey training will pipe in with their opinion. I took a few courses on the subject many years ago....

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Hiper V vs Hiper V+10 antenna model with OPUS

From the antenna calibrations link on the NGS home page choose browse by manufacturer. The antenna drawings are from this page. The ƒ??spacerƒ? appea...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Hiper V vs Hiper V+10 antenna model with OPUS

The assumption that the two antennas are the same seems incorrect given that they have different part numbers. Why would a different part number be as...

7 years ago
Reply
RE: Hiper V vs Hiper V+10 antenna model with OPUS

Here are the calibrations showing the differences:  

7 years ago
Reply
RE: FIG 2019 Hanoi meeting program, papers and abstracts are available

Glad to hear that you plan to go. I had a chance to go to Vietnam after high school. I didn’t. Got to Cambodia later. The Angkor Wat complex is...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Historical Aerial Photos

The US NOAA/NGS sells aerial photographs taken as part of their activities. Most areas covered are coastlines and airports throughout the US and its t...

8 years ago
Reply
8 years ago
Page 33 / 78