AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
fobos8
fobos8
@fobos8
Free
Joined: November 4, 2017 9:22 am
Last seen: August 22, 2026 3:17 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 135
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

thanks again guys for your helpful input. I'm going to go for trig leveling using my robotic S7.Will probably hand book to start with although I did j...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

This his raised some very interesting comments. Many, many thanks. I already have a robotic Total Station so that looks like the best way to go for no...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: How far would you level a benchmark into a site

Hi guys Thanks for the answers. I work solo and haven't done a great deal of leveling to date. Mostly my clients have been happy with a local site ben...

8 years ago
Topic
Reply
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 412
Reply
RE: Detail pole target height errors - how to avoid them

I have the data collector fixed onto my pole just below where the height marks readings are on the pole. I always try to have the readings facing me a...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel survey - how would you have done it?

Jim -?ÿ A jig is a good idea but all the steels were slightly different sizes . My steel tape measured their sides ranging from 202mm - 210mm. But you...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel survey - how would you have done it?

Christ - I though about using a mini prism and I would have preferred to use one. I assume your plan would be to do angled offsets? I just don't trust...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel survey - how would you have done it?

According to Korec my Trimble S7 has a "general purpose" laser, not a HD laser. That's why I used targets - they advised it would be more accurate and...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel survey - how would you have done it?

That's a good point Paul - thanks. I curious how wide a target you need to get a reliable reflection. The thickness of the steel flanges were 11mm (0....

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel survey - how would you have done it?

using pre made targets would have been quick to put up but drawing my own cross hairs mean that I could locate the corner from my shot. All cross hair...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 17
Views: 942
Reply
RE: Reflective target advice please

surely the constant for reflective tape is zero?

8 years ago
Reply
8 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel column survey advice

I am not plumbing the steel columns. All I need to do is give x, y, and z for the tops of the columns.

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Steel column survey advice

I don't have access to the tops of the steel columns as there is a roof above them. I'll be surveying from below the tops of the steels - I don't thin...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 11
Views: 2409
Reply
RE: How to drive iron pipe in concrete

take your time. Pull the drill up now and again to blow the dust out. Also start with a smaller bit like 1/2" or 3/8" and then progress onto your 3/4 ...

8 years ago
Page 7 / 10