AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
fobos8
fobos8
@fobos8
Free
Joined: November 4, 2017 9:22 am
Last seen: August 22, 2026 3:17 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 135
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

That's great guys - thanks a million. Should I be able to determine traverse accuracy ( 1 in xx,000) if I perform check ties on an open traverse. Shou...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

Thanks for your reply Holy Cow. Unfortunately I don't have much experience of surveying yet so I was wondering how many check points others use per st...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

when doing an open traverse how many common check points should be shot/established per station setup? ?ÿ

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

Your right - I am scared of shooting building corners reflectorless and using it as control. I've had some dodgy results shooting reflectorless in the...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

Great advise Norman - thanks I did my first open traverse yesterday and shot some common check points from the stations. I was disappointed with the r...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

thanks for you help guys did an open traverse today. I used the corners of a house as checks from successive stations. How much agreement in x,y,z for...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

a diagram of "forming a double tie from independent locations" would be really cool. I have trouble visualizing from words. Cheers, Andrew

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

True corner - could you expand on what you mean please by "double tie from independent locations" instead of closing a traverse. I think we use differ...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Alternative to close loop traverse

Thanks for the replies guys. For the purposes of this survey its not necessary to survey the adjoining property. This client has to have a topo done o...

8 years ago
Topic
Replies: 32
Views: 3715
Reply
RE: Surveying detail obscured from primary traverse stations

Thanks for the reply Jim. What I'm doing though is not strictly traversing round the shed as I'm not turning the angle STN21-SNT3-STN4 when I occupy S...

8 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Surveying detail obscured from primary traverse stations

thanks for your reply Bill. I'm sure I will use least square some time. For now when I'm setting up over my new intermediate station I backsight one o...

8 years ago
Reply
RE: Observations not where they should have been?!

Posted by: jim.cox Reflectorless is always a bit of a gamble. I dont think the fancy lights will be the issue Reflectorless is always a bit of a gambl...

8 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: Best way to survey this?

Hi guys I use LSS and it does have an offset function for stringing points. I don't like it though as it leaves two parallel lines on the drawing (one...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best way to survey this?

Posted by: fobos8 ?ÿ Currently when I survey walls I use my boot as an offset which at its widest point is 110mm. So I just put the pole to the side o...

9 years ago
Page 8 / 10