AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: BMs in Trees

Good info in the How Trees Grow paper! The railroad spikes I'm concerned with were set in trees only because there weren't any concrete structure...

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 52
Views: 2501
Reply
RE: Local grid

Hope you meant rim of a sewer manhole!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Plastic Survey Caps

How about acrylic clear coat spray?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Water Surface Elevation

To answer the original poster's question, this would be the easiest way to get a precise water surface elevation of a still pond.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Water Surface Elevation

I do this kind of thing all day, 5 days a week. I don't think there's a lot of precision involved. I do the best I can under varying conditions. The w...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Resection error

Good point. The old SMI software would give the user a proportion to see the soundness of the resected point. According to Stan Trent of SMI, if you w...

6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
RE: Second Order Differential Leveling

I would like to mention that some people feel it's necessary to balance turns within tenths of a foot. That's a waste of time. The instrument should b...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Second Order Differential Leveling

I understand, but sometimes you encounter a dogleg. If you use the 10m spec in the situation I mentioned above, you will be way out of balance. I just...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Second Order Differential Leveling

Thanks for the reply. Concerning balancing backsights and foresights, do you think it would be a good idea to use a percentage of the backsight distan...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Second Order Differential Leveling

Thanks for posting the class URL. Good info available in PDF files.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Second Order Differential Leveling

Good info on rod joints as a possible source of errors.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Second Order Differential Leveling

Thanks for the reply and for clarifying leveling on hills.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Second Order Differential Leveling

Thanks for the reply. I don't see a correlation between closing back to the POB and errors caused by hills. What length invar rod do you have? How wou...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Second Order Differential Leveling

Thanks for the reply, read the specs.

6 years ago
Page 55 / 80