AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Educate me about data collectors

@nate-the-surveyor I assume the trend towards writing proprietary software is strictly a business decision as the market is becoming saturated with m...

6 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: New kid at the block

Welcome! There is a wealth of information and experience present in these forums. Enjoy!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

@bstrand Many years ago I was shooting the EP of an entrance ramp to Florida's Tpk. There was a lot of overpoured pavement, and I wasn't sure if I sh...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Procedure

I have to admit that I'm ignorant when it comes to geoid models. I was just watching a YouTube video (Topcon MAGNET Field how to start network GNSS). ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Procedure

@shawn-billings Here are the details of the network. ?ÿ ?ÿ I have to experiment with your suggestions on a slow day. Thanks!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Referencing Pictures

I had to look up the Nodal Ninja. Very cool! Reminds me of the motorized mount for my telescope. What are the brand names of the cameras you mention? ...

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 10
Views: 1258
Topic
Replies: 7
Views: 483
Reply
RE: Skewed Sidewalks

?ÿ ?ÿ I don't know. If you go into the cul-de-sac (Broad Meadow Court), the recovered points (in the red rectangle) are all practically in the cent...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Skewed Sidewalks

Sounds like you had to survey the entire block to reset the corner.

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 22
Views: 1454
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

Is it a requirement that all highway curves should be tangent? Maybe a highway engineer's safety requirement? What's the purpose of the survey? Topo o...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: How is centerline, and stationing defined?

I've always been told R/W markers, formerly known as "mower's markers", weren't set with any high degree of accuracy. The only ones I've ever shot wer...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: My Patience Is Wearing Thin

@tommy-young I'm speechless!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: My Patience Is Wearing Thin

Assuming the surveyor had never seen a monument well before, it's still a ludicrous question. We use water valve boxes to protect section corners. It'...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: MH Measure downs

I say it all boils down to methodology. You are at the mercy of the type of structure you have to measure. If you have run of manholes, whatever your ...

6 years ago
Page 50 / 80