AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: NGS Monument Preservation

@spmpls I don't know if the office filed a mark recovery. It sounds like a great idea because we need to preserve the NGS monument network.

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 1350
Reply
RE: BricsCAD Lite

@norman-oklahoma Excellent! I look forward to hearing from him.

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 3
Views: 1007
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment for Level Runs

@john-putnam When shade is an issue, are there any alternatives to setting up on the other side of the road or rotating the level rod to gather more ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Taking pics on jobs

Additional info about Solocator app.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Taking pics on jobs

My daughter has an iPhone and made the attached PDF just for you!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Taking pics on jobs

I've got an Android phone. If you turn on geotags, or something like that, the lat and lon are stored in the metadata along with the pic. You can extr...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Button pushers

How many judges would accept the validity of electronic data (raw data) over field notes?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment for Level Runs

I just read about it. I wonder if Leica has solved the problem of shade on a level rod with this new level.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment for Level Runs

@bill93 Very interesting reading concerning NATRF2022 at/span>

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment for Level Runs

I have no experience using a least squares adjustment (LSA) in any aspect of surveying. I can read about in a textbook, but I don't know how it's used...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Adjustment for Level Runs

Do you have any literature to back up this statement? Who makes the LS15? Were you joking?

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 27
Views: 2984
Reply
RE: Let me talk you off the ledge

@flga-2-2 Have you ever recovered a T-bar? They're shaped like the letter 'T', with a shiner placed in the middle. The only ones I've ever recovered ...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Let me talk you off the ledge

@gary_g No suprise to me at all!

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Tunnel surveying

Looks like a total station with a gyroscope below.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Total Station Skill Heat Map

I'd say it's nearly 50/50 (TS/GPS) here at Orange County Public Works in Orlando, FL. All TS work is done by an ST (Survey Technician). I never see an...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 431
Page 49 / 80