AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Working outdoors

I enjoy the serenity of the woods.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Your longest shot with a total station

Mine was a tad over a mile using a Topcon total station in 1988 during a large (2,400 acres) boundary survey near Indiantown, FL. Most of the distance...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: You can't set anything

@party-chef Sounds like what we used to do in the eighties in south Florida in new subdivisions where lot lines were only slightly staggered. We bent...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: You can't set anything

@murphy If you accept the fence corner as the true corner, is this what is meant by "ownership by occupation" or something like that?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: You can't set anything

@party-chef What are liners?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet Field Code Lists

What don't you like about it?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet Field Code Lists

Yes, you are absolutely correct! I do remember seeing the line string number field when using EC1, EP1, etc. If I go to Map View, will I see the line,...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet Field Code Lists

Our party chiefs use string numbers to keep track of their work. An example would be: North EOP, EP1 South EOP, EP2 I can't recall seeing a separat...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet Field Code Lists

@squirl I recently learned how to create a stake report in MAGNET Field. It's useful because it shows you your occupied, backsight, staked points, et...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Topcon Magnet Field Code Lists

We use AutoCAD with Civil 3D in the office. To create a line in AutoCAD, we add linework codes to our field codes such as: EC1 B, which is Edge of Co...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

@bstrand Good point, but the true invert elevation has nothing to do with the wall thickness of the pipe. If you shoot the top of the pipe, measure d...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

Good history. I was unaware that this was done on purpose. How else could the pinched pipe that I recently recovered look so good?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

I think for a long time surveyors have been cost conscious about the price of iron. You can almost figure out the age of a subdivision by what the ori...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

Makes sense to me. If I was a plumber I'd order a pipe using ID because I'd be concerned with fluid flow. I feel a surveyor should be concerned with h...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

Do they make pipe gauges?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Pipe Diameter

I recently recovered a pinched 2-1/4" pipe. We recovered a number of 2-1/4" pipes on the project and this appeared to be the same diameter. God only k...

6 years ago
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 100
Views: 4785
Page 45 / 80