AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Peanut prisms - not as accurate as Traverse prisms?

How steady can you hold a peanut prism on a point? I think this is where some inaccuracies would occur. Also, because error increases with distance, a...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: SMI Transfer Software 7

If I have the disc, it won't help you because my Windows XP computer is long gone and I don't have a disc drive. Sorry I didn't think about that befor...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: RTK Rover Switching Base Stations

According to a guide to using the Florida Permanent Reference Network, the following rules should be observed: As a General guideline when using a R...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: SMI Transfer Software 7

@ekillo I'd like it too. Haven't looked for it yet at my house. How would you send it to me?

6 years ago
Reply
RE: SMI Transfer Software 7

I'll dig around for it. I assume this is for an HP 48GX card.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Steady sticks

A shovel works great too! Long handle; rest the handle end on your shoulder. You probably have the shovel with you anyway as you recover property corn...

6 years ago
Reply
6 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Points Using GPS and Total Station

For this particular project, yes.

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Points Using GPS and Total Station

At the time, I didn't know what the heck I was talking about! I have a better idea now thanks to everyone! You mean as in temperature and pressure s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Points Using GPS and Total Station

We use Florida SPC East. I was wondering why every time we created a new job in MAGNET Field, a SF other than 1 was already set; it's because of the s...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Points Using GPS and Total Station

I was just considering starting on 2 GPS-derived points, traversing, and closing on 2 GPS-derived points in order to get a closure. You say all points...

6 years ago
Reply
RE: Control Points Using GPS and Total Station

We use Florida SPC East. I'm confused about what geoid model is appropriate. Wouldn't you use the latest model? Level through the string even though...

6 years ago
Topic
Replies: 32
Views: 4100
Topic
Replies: 2
Views: 974
Topic
Replies: 0
Views: 851
Topic
6 years ago
Replies: 1
Views: 948
Reply
RE: GPS Site Calibration/Localization Explanation

I was just reading What is "localization", exactly? at

6 years ago
Page 46 / 80