AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
field-dog
field-dog
@field-dog
Member
Joined: October 11, 2014 9:50 am
Last seen: October 4, 2026 10:37 am
Topics: 269 / Replies: 1313
Reply
RE: Utility locator training....

@andy-bruner?ÿ Are we supposed to be trained in plumbing, electrical engineering, telecommunications, etc., in order to properly identify utilities? ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Classical Calculating

@larry-scott?ÿ Is that a power supply on the tripod for an illuminated reticle?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: calculating state plane coordinates between 2 states.

This is a very interesting post. At first, I was curious about the geographical aspects of it. That investigation prompted me to investigate the histo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Classical Calculating

@larry-scott?ÿ Those old Wild theodolites are beautiful! Unfortunately, I never had an opportunity to use a T3. At one company I used a T16 often and...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Classical Calculating

I wish i could build a new 41. Someone else beat you to it.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Classical Calculating

I still use a calculator (Emu48) to check my linear error when I turn angle sets to short foresights. I'm not ruled by HA tolerances set in a DC.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Classical Calculating

So many bluetops i wish i had a nickel for every one i set. Where did you set all those bluetops at? I set many wood stakes through caprock in sout...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Classical Calculating

using toward azimuth not bearings. Azimuths rule!

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

Starnet also allowed for taping if I remember correctly in the network adjustment. That's very interesting. Unfortunately, taping has gone the way ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

@eagle1215?ÿ I'm woefully deficient in this area. I just found something you may want to start with. A Correctly Weighted Least Squares Adjustment, ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Utility locator training....

Yeah, that's no help. How did you code it? ???? ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

I was wondering about (1) use appropriately trained personnel in section 3.E.iv. Are they referring to CST personnel?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

@michigan-left?ÿ Thanks for the explanation. I should have made the connection of RPP to the discussion.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

?ÿI use the estimated way of testing by the semi major because it is math that most surveyors are comfortable with versus the covariance matrix inform...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

Which is no excuse because a lot of states have RPP standards too. What does RPP mean?

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

With modern equipment the ALTA standards of 2cm+50ppm at 95% are pretty easy to meet, even on densely wooded and rural tracts. Please refresh my ol...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Measurement Standards

MINIMUM STANDARD DETAIL REQUIREMENTS FORALTA/NSPS LAND TITLE SURVEYS We download text files but no raw data. I would like to know if it is necessar...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Beyond the 11-yr solar cycle

Remember when if you keyed a cb or walkie talkie next to a GPS receiver and you lost data. Does this apply to cellphones too? We keep our work truc...

4 years ago
Page 27 / 80