AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
eapls2708
eapls2708
@eapls2708
Free
Joined: September 1, 2010 8:58 am
Last seen: September 15, 2026 3:06 pm
Topics: 32 / Replies: 1875
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

I asked WA BRPELS and received this answer back: A Professional Engineer (PE) may conduct limited topographic survey work for their own internal des...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Adoption of the BLM Manual in State statues or regulations?

Idaho Code pertaining to County Surveyors 31-2709. SURVEYS MUST CONFORM TO UNITED STATES MANUAL. No surveys or resurveys hereafter made shall be con...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My boundary is a stone wall. Where is the line?

Not-your-real-name, If the face-of-wall and back-center-of-stone-monument are well known past practices in your area, then that's very good evidenc...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Neighbors

Do you know if they rejected it based on methodology or on the magnitude of the difference of location? Prior to 1988 or so (at least the areas I've ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Additive Constant

Looks like he already went to a baseline to do that: (from OP) "I ran the TS16 over an official 7 pillar EDM baseline and ran the data through the spr...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Who Knew?

Most of his article seems to be reasonably good for general info directed at real estate clients. Cool pic of a rock boundary wall.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Is There Ever a Time Not to Hold a Long-Standing Corner?

I see some basic misunderstandings in this thread and some really good advice.   Misunderstanding about original monuments - The section co...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Additive Constant

I'm pretty sure that the only additive constant setting would be as a prism type constant. I haven't checked on my TS16 yet, but suspect that, like m...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

RCW 18.43.020 (8)(a) "Practice of engineering" means any professional service or creative work requiring engineering education, training, and experi...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

At a previous employer that provides surveying in WA and ID, the RCE stamps many of the topos (nevermind that he's not licensed to do so or that there...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Encroachment

GIS - (some) Government Is Stupid We all have stories where not only is a landowner worked up about a supposed encroachment shown on the "official c...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Neighbors

I noticed a change in attitude by the BLM with regard to local survey evidence begin to occur in the late 1980s. Prior to that, they seemed to take t...

1 year ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Subdivision VS. Recombination

In most jurisdictions I've worked in and all I'm licensed in, there is an administrative process to adjust or move boundary lines between two parcels,...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Doctrine of merger...

Yes. This is a sneaky and unethical manner by which local governments extort what should be unnecessary fees from constituents. If they want to be r...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: It's the little things

Short answer: No. Constant flagging management comes with the job.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Unwritten rule against this?

Most regions where I've worked, the modern and recent historic standard object used to monument corners has been either a 5/8" rebar or 3/4" iron pipe...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Evidence and Procedures for Boundary Location Seventh Edition

I own 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 5th editions of Evidence & Procedures, 1st, 3rd, 5th and 6th of Boundary Control & Legal Principles, 1st, 2nd, 4th, 5t...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Thinking of leaving CA…

I moved from El Dorado County, CA to the Idaho panhandle a little over 4 years ago. Had I moved even 1 year earlier, real estate may have been afford...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Building Setbacks on a ROS

  You could put the setbacks on the drawing for review of the application and then leave them off the final, to be recorded drawing. I've done...

1 year ago
Page 2 / 96