AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
eapls2708
eapls2708
@eapls2708
Free
Joined: September 1, 2010 8:58 am
Last seen: September 15, 2026 3:06 pm
Topics: 32 / Replies: 1875
Reply
RE: Judge threat??

I've been in that position, saw the trap the attorney was trying to lay and wouldn't start with a "yes" or "no" when I felt it would be misleading if ...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: My First Scam

I've gotten a few messages from supposed GCs wanting to know what areas I serve. Knowing that there's about a 10% (or less) chance it might be a legi...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Stolen equipment database for the public?

Too bad but understandable. Seems like a lot of work to set up.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Stolen equipment database for the public?

@wendell, Both links you posted give me a 404 error. Did you take them down or change them?

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Back Issues of POB Magazine

Paul, I was just at my storage unit and came across several boxes of old survey magazines. I'll take a look.

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Conflict of Interest

After reading this thread and the Reddit thread linked above, it seems to me that the OP (LC) is out of his or her depth in this survey and now that l...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

"I was asked to provide a legal description for each lot on a plat once… Lot 1 Description Lot 1 of Plat Lot 2 Description Lot 2 of Plat rinse/repeat"...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Another "good" one

I'm not familiar with the GPS Grid. Locally, if using State Plane (and we typically do), we use the Idaho West Zone. If our control is performed wit...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Description by Map only

Local Planning Dept wants a M&B description on all subdivision plats. If the parent parcel is described as an aliquot division or as a lot of som...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Used Leica equipment for sale

Kycreekstomper, Do you still have the whole setup? email me at eapls20538 at gmail dot com Might be interested in all or whatever may be left.

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Surveying Equipment for Sale - Mostly Unused!

I may be interested in the Leica and Emlid portions. Need to talk to my partner and confirm tomorrow. If it's a go with partner, I can drive down to p...

2 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

I agree Norm. While you need to keep the possibility that there had been no boundary establishment open, in almost all instances, there will be some ...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Training for button pushers

As one grumpy old man, let me translate the last post from another grumpy old man (Norm). While there has been a lot of very good suggestions, none of...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Fractional Sections, Triangulated

I agree with Bionicman's first answer. Both Sections 21 & 22 were/are fractional sections. the lake bed is not part of either section and there ne...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: A Deed Hmm

That's something that has been irritating me in ID. A deed will refer to a tax parcel, and if you're lucky, as here, they will describe it in M&B...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: GLO Records Website

Tried this morning. Can't get a PDF or a JP2. Just get the perpetually spinning blocks and then eventually a message about an unknown error occurrin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Here you go. All the survey gear you will ever need

They're short a chain and a set of pins.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

He sounds distracted to me. There is such a thing as adult ADHD. I have a couple friends with it. Can't stay on point. They have trouble completin...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Screen Shots in Lieu of Field Notes

As to Rules of Evidence, some states have simply adopted the Federal Rules wholesale. Others, like CA, more or less adopted them by restating them wi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Screen Shots in Lieu of Field Notes

Jim, I had already done very similar in that case a couple of times between the surveyor on the other side making absurd claims and my client's attorn...

3 years ago
Page 3 / 96