AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
eapls2708
eapls2708
@eapls2708
Free
Joined: September 1, 2010 8:58 am
Last seen: September 15, 2026 3:06 pm
Topics: 32 / Replies: 1875
Reply
RE: False Point to Compensate for Distance Discrepancy

If it's a grid/ground difference, your boss is having you add error into your network with this practice (GPS producing grid coords, TS or DC scale fa...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Let's discuss ingress/egress easements

Lurker, land butcher and Peter have it. It's called the Doctrine of Merger, which states that any other land rights you may have had merge into the b...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Weird EDM Error

  Jim, thanks for that. I thought about a cycle error. I've encountered it once or twice, but not in the last 40 years. With a cycle error, ...

5 months ago
Topic
5 months ago
Replies: 12
Views: 2356
Reply
RE: What do you call this type of monument?

Drill steels were once commonly used as monuments in N ID. I find them on about 1 in 8 to 10 projects in rural areas.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: ROW permits for excation

It was a big deal for Caltrans RW, particularly on limited-access freeways. It was also a big deal for a few county and local governments. You seem ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: In my time as a surveyor

I was looking forward to another interesting story from Uncle Paden, but the link went to a thread started by McMillimeter, which was entertaining in ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: P.O.B.

Wow, I just addressed the same question with regard to local reviews of subdivision maps in another thread.   No, I wouldn't make up a non-ex...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Dealing with reviewers

The similar issue I deal with every so often, due to high turnover at local planning department, is when they try to require me to rewrite an aliquot ...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What's your temperature cut off for doing field work?

When I was in my 20s, I worked a few days that were below -20 F (not counting wind chill) but we weren't using electronics. That would have been a li...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: the 2026 ALTA standards

I was once chewed out by an attorney who told me that I was going to cost her client hundreds of thousands of dollars if I didn't deliver the map befo...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Project Teasing

Unless they're wasting a bunch of your time with estimate requests for projects that never materialize, I wouldn't see it as something to get upset ab...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Help with old Deitzgen 6100 Highway Transit

That page from the K & E Paragon manual posted by Norman OK doesn't translate to a Dietzgen transit for declination. I also have a 6100 and afte...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

  Not sure that anyone said there was anything wrong with technical work. Good for your son. You should be very proud of him and it's evident...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Responsibility

Peter Lothian gave great advice. However, reading that there were so many surveyors involved and none have provided you with results that satisfy yo...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Did a robot write this?

I get about 1 of these per month, though the language isn't as stilted. I replied to a couple of them in case they were legit. The last one, I looke...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Licensed folk - what are your Do's and Don'ts?

When I was in business in CA, I once started a project for a licensed contractor without having a written contract in place and without first collecti...

11 months ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

If your even older than the photo indicates, then my assumption is even more to the point about the decrease in survey training for CE degree students...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Topographic Survey Requirements in WA

Judging by your avatar photo, you're of an age that those going to school for civil engineering when you were college age likely took 2 or 3 survey cl...

1 year ago
Reply
RE: Collection agencies

I get a 50% retainer and make sure the check clears before starting. That seems to cut way down on the deadbeats. Only got fully stiffed twice, bot...

1 year ago
Page 1 / 96