AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
DWoolley
DWoolley
@dwoolley
Free
Joined: August 25, 2012 10:12 pm
Last seen: February 20, 2026 9:24 pm
Topics: 0 / Replies: 30
Reply
RE: Preparing descriptions textbook question

Thank you to those who have watched and shared the recent Ten Minute Surveyor episode discussing Wattles. Some have noted that the video references ...

8 months ago
Reply
RE: Career crossroads

@native1 Find me in Orange County. I may be able to help you get where you're going. DWoolley

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Career crossroads

Clearly, based on your comments, you are in California and either a member of IUOE Local 3 or Local 12. Mostly likely, Local 12. I recommend looking b...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Closed Link Traverse Setup, Closure, and Adjustment Refresher Wanted

I do not subscribe to a problem with the long foresight and short backsight logic with network measurements. For example, if I have a 40' "backsight",...

2 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

The error of closure is a blunder detector, nothing more. The surveyor should be familiar with the instrument specifications to determine the standard...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Checking the pulse of traverse closure

The error of closure is a blunder detector, nothing more. The surveyor should be familiar with the instrument specifications to determine the standard...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Old plats for wall art mounted on linen from old plat books

Thank you. When you have a moment, please email me at [email protected] I am interested in purchasing several of the maps. Dave

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Old plats for wall art mounted on linen from old plat books

What are the dimensions? I am most interested in the northern Wyoming plats.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Can O' Worms

Jim Frame:Thank you for taking the time to provide a detailed description of an interesting problem. Equally, thank you for the continued posts in re...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP Roll Call: What States have them?

The basis of a state plane coordinate system is to relate a precise model (ellipsoid/spheroid), expressed in terms of latitude and longitude, to a co...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP Roll Call: What States have them?

MKennedy: Specifically, what it meant by "may not correspond well with the terrain surface in a location (AKA grid versus ground)"? Please provide a ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: LDP Roll Call: What States have them?

It is my understanding there is an LDP in San Francisco City/County. After giving Low Distortion Projections some thought, reading Shawn Billings' tw...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: So- they told me this week that I'll be getting a Ford Escape instead of an F150 extended cab...

It strikes me as odd to see only one tripod in a land surveying vehicle. In fact, several of the setups only have room for one tripod. The immediate...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Code of Ethics

1986 American Congress on Surveying and Mapping, Surveying and Mapping, vol. 46, no. 3, pp. 219-224. Ethics, Law and the Professional by Robert W. Fo...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Paden's Ongoing Resistance to Title Companies and Their Wholesale Insanity

The land title industry has changed. As a surveyor, it is not necessarily for the better. In some respects it has helped my business. I perform my...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: Pitched?

Although not shown in the above definition and likely, not applicable to the mapping application. Pine trees create "pitch" which is the sappy resin ...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: 8 Mile RTK vector Accuracy

We've been hearing the RTK/RTN accuracy testaments for many years now. It isn't sufficient for the rhetorician to believe- no, this fable of realized...

11 years ago
Reply
RE: What is a Record Survey?

I reviewed a number of maps on the provided link. I find it surprising to see so many found monuments that do not have tags or caps with licensee num...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Ultimate Definition of Land Surveying

Chris Erickson:Many years ago, I found Legislators in Idaho to be quite accessible. Once, while walking through the rotunda in the Capitol Building, w...

12 years ago
Reply
RE: Ultimate Definition of Land Surveying

"I cannot say for certain, but usually articles such as this originated from some concern that would under normal circumstances be considered valid, b...

12 years ago
Page 1 / 2