AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Florida de-regulation: more truths

Macheteman,I like the way you go about this topic. Reasonable discussion is (obviously) drastically needed within the profession if those in it want ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed v. Unlicensed

Ralph,No. But he does now (maybe, probably forgot the minute we left with so many other cases on the docket).And I'm willing to bet you know more boun...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed v. Unlicensed

Dave,This was a question of law and not a summary judgment (which are also questions of law btw). The point is that the Judge does not need to make t...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed v. Unlicensed

Well, I'm not sure how much law surveyors are required to know and apply. I do know that Judges in NY are not required to issue independant decisions...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Florida de-regulation: quiet truths

The Truth is in the eye of those served by the Profession.This de-regulation is not surprising really. Consider the following:1) Could you show real ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed v. Unlicensed

I agree, inclusion is the key.Benjamin Wright surveyed thousands of acres; mapped and "identified" wetlands and geographic features and soil types; an...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Cad question?

I second that guess. He's labeling the latitude or departure rather than the line in question (in archy speak, the sides rather than hypotenuse of a ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Breaking News (down toward the bottom) Texas

Dual Responsibility BoardsI used to think the same thing. Now I realize the committee's go to the board and the board votes tell the committees what ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Breaking News (down toward the bottom) Texas

Dual Responsibility BoardsWell, it takes a majority vote to pass anything on the NY board. The Engineers can pass anything they want without a single...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: At what point to do you consider a business successful?

When it pays you at least 60k a year salary for a licensed professional (variable by location). And, is still breaking even or making a profit after p...

16 years ago
Reply
16 years ago
Reply
RE: Post Secondary Education

NY statutes proclaim a bachelors degree but then give ways around it. My view is the legislative intent was to ease out the loopholes over the years,...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Does 1928 City Ordinance control??

Yes. But it is up to you how you use them unless that is dictated also. Then you put a note on the map explaining the situation.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Does 1928 City Ordinance control??

You need to tie to them. They don't control boundaries not laid out based on them.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA Certification (Successors and/or assigns question)

I've watched this thread with interest. My thought is that in the first place the certification has nothing to do with the quality of the individual ...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: I'm trying to find a 5 1/4" floppy drive...

There are companies that will copy these onto new media for you. Might be better than having another old machine around.

16 years ago
Forum
Reply
RE: Retracement Surveys

Based on the posts, I'd have to say 0.A "retracement survey" would seem to suggest a "resurvey" and more particularly a "dependent resurvey" unless ot...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: a "jack leg" responds

Cee Gee,Based on your comments, I'm guessing about 8 hours total for this service. Even for a rural area a reasonable professional rate should equate...

16 years ago
Page 90 / 97