AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Record Distances vs Measurements

I draw a little Moses walking on water.I really don't get this argument, especially when enacted into law that one must report some other measurement ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Don't Forget Exhibit "A" !

Feudal EstatesYes, and a major factor in much of the population of the Mohawk Valley supporting the English during the revolution. Then, as now, it w...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Attempted Deed Correction by Affidavit

Actually, this case does not even rise to the level of a Patent Ambiguity, which might possibly be cured. The case Kent is describing represents a de...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: How is it done in your State?

Generally speaking, Towns in the east are political subdivisions and Townships in the west are land subdivisions. In NY we have State, Regional, Coun...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: I got one!

Ralph,Make a complaint to the Board. The Board does not actually prosecute, they determine if an investigation is warranted. If a licensed individua...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Attempted Deed Correction by Affidavit

Yeah, the title company has essentially insured that the seller will have no liability if and when the problem later causes damages. The protection o...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA question ... new descriptions TTT

Duane: Why Not?Peter,Again, it depends on what your intent is."One more time: A properly crafted M&B description is the key, learn to weave the wo...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA question ... new descriptions TTT

Well, I operate under the presumption that people pay me to resolve ambiguity. After taking all evidence into consideration, it sometimes is helpful ...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA question ... new descriptions TTT

Why Not?It depends on what you want to do. The M&B description changes the intent. That holiest of considerations.Lot and Block description inten...

15 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession or Acquiesence?

That's what was so funny, I thought.But on a serious note; who benefits more from widely available, and cheap broadband?Who benefits more from precise...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession or Acquiesence?

DuaneI know. And those darn signals don't know where they've been. It's so perfect; an encroachment to wind up with an enroachment. That legal poi...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession or Acquiesence?

No my bad needed...I haveThems strong words. I prefer to think that rather than steal it they figured the taxpayer would pay for it eventually.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Doing the job correctly

I know, I've done the same in years past.But, and it's a big But, in todays world with filing of everything (I always filed these types even though no...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession or Acquiesence?

Keith,That shouldn't be a problem. Your phone can tell the difference. It knows the curved signals are navigation and the straight ones are communic...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession or Acquiesence?

No my bad needed...I haveIt's a simple solution really. Just have a surveyor re-write the description to match where the GPS signals actually are:)

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Doing the job correctly

Doing the job correctly, so you can do it againVery Old subdivision + fixed quote = I used to be a surveyor but couldn't make any money at it.

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Adverse Possession or Acquiesence?

Sorry, my badI should have used the humor category.But it is the first article I've read that gives an account of the "lightsquared" side of things.

16 years ago
Topic
Replies: 14
Views: 913
Reply
RE: What constitutes a SURVEY

Now or 200 years ago?This stikes me as pretty funny, or very sad.It's an admission that licensing is not working, and we still can't trust the work of...

16 years ago
Reply
RE: Licensed v. Unlicensed

I think you misread my post, based on your response. But my experience on the other point is that most landowners will question the surveyors results...

16 years ago
Page 89 / 97