AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: give your stubby pencils a workout on this one, folks

Wow! Even your borrow pits are rectangular. Which section of the manual is that in?:)

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 2"x1/4" Steel Strap found

What the heck is a slay shoeIt's the scrivener's spelling of a sleigh shoe. They put them on the runners of the sleigh for protection (note one side ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: NYS LS Opportunity

Under the NYS DEC regulatory plan all well locations will need extensive mapping signed by a NYS Surveyor before any permits are issued. I also recei...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: 2"x1/4" Steel Strap found

"Slay Shoe" foundOf course, Iron Pipe found as well, with 3 supporting modern surveys and faint blaze line leading to and away. Unfortunately, the "S...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Discussion (Is Keith awake?)

PLSS Discussion (yes Keith is awake?)Keith, Where does the intersection of lines rule come from?I looked at the 1805 law and 1832. They both call for...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS Discussion (Is Keith awake?)

Title InsuranceWell, here's what your client's title insurance agent may have read about the issue:Talking about value pricing a survey. Property mus...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Right-of-Way or easement?

not so fastAn "easement for right of way" conveyed to a government entity may well be construed as a transfer of title. I would check on Florida spec...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Re-writing Property Descriptions

I wouldn't get too worked up over it. It can be a "new" description merely by referencing the old book and page or document number at the end, and ke...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: copies of surveys...

I have a form I use, in order not to waste time on the phone. When the request is made I merely tell them I'll fax or email the form for them to fill...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Order of Importance of Conflicting Elements

It's a record monument. As Kent mentioned, it expresses the intention but it's not visible and needs a bit of work to find it. In your list that wou...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Original Surveys

Not in the sense you mean. The original monuments of all the lots are those block corners; in the sense that they locate the legal physical position ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Rant On

Another way to look at these old subdivisions, and how the higher courts in NY have held in the past.The protracted subdivision is a plan showing the ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Rhodes v. Cahill, 802 S.W.2d 643 (1990) - Texas

Yeah, as I mentioned, it is an interesting way to handle the problem. Wouldn't it be easier for Texas to pass a law that says once a boundary has mod...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Rhodes v. Cahill, 802 S.W.2d 643 (1990) - Texas

I'm not sure I would call it surveyor error, more of a lack of surveying services for purposes of building a fence. The distinction of types of fence...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence line surveyor

Some Texas Fence Cases - Casual Fences & Designed EnclosuresI think the thing to take away from the Mohnke case is the importance of testimony and...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence line surveyor

Mohnke v. Greenwood 915 S.W.2d 585 (1996)Yeah, I'm not arguing either (well maybe). Seems to me one can infer intentions from physical evidence. Isn...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence line surveyor

Mohnke v. Greenwood 915 S.W.2d 585 (1996)Yeah, I read the case, and I would argue there is evidence enough to overcome the presumption of a casual fe...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence line surveyor

Mohnke v. Greenwood 915 S.W.2d 585 (1996)It seems an adverse possession claim could have been successful if the attorneys were on their game. Could ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Is electronic fieldbook data admissible evidence in court?

Sure it's allowed, all kinds of electronic data has been admitted by the courts. Most survey maps these days are a print out of electronic data rathe...

14 years ago
Page 74 / 97