AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Plat review

EverythingIf a person buys a lot with utilities they then have a right to have them supplied. The utility would have to turn the water on. The utili...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Plat review

EverythingCall it blackmail if you want, but what developers have done in the past is to build poor and inexpensive roads, drainage, utilities, etc. a...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ENGINEERED FLOOD VENTS

Not sure why FEMA would not provide the rate of rise. That information is essentially part of determining the location of any particular flood event....

14 years ago
Reply
RE: ENGINEERED FLOOD VENTS

I would double check with the engineer, but it seems like they gave the specs.. The vent apparently has 98 square inches free space (stated 238 squar...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics

A verbal contract for professional services is a valid contract. This is unethical because the engineering firm has now (probably unwittingly) entice...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Acquiescence...WHAT?

Sounds like a surveyor with a good sense of humor and a plan to keep it that way.But the other edge of the sword would be arguing that if one has enou...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Rural Roads

That's interesting, I think most jurisdictions presume public use is hostile as it interfers substantially with the fee ownership use of the area. So...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How far is too far?

I would advise your client to obtain their own survey opinion, from a different surveyor, in order to get a second opinion. It's either that or accep...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Hypothetical Situations

The Company. The individual surveyor would only be liable under a professional malpractice theory, which is hard to prove (mere errors are not malpra...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Does this fit as 'responsible charge'

I agree with others that question the validity of the relationship. But to be fair, things sometimes are not as they seem. Mr. R presumably has busi...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Does a Court Decree Transfer title?

I hate to add more uncertainty, but it depends on the wording of the decision. There may or may not be a transfer of title or interests in land that ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Brown, Robillard, Wilson, Skelton, Clark, et al

Well, you can cite a court case from the highest court in your jurisdiction, but still not everything in it may be controlling law. All sources are u...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How to monument fence corners

Randy, Yeah, there is that confusion factor. Drive em below grade so they're available to a retracement surveyor in the future but not causing confus...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How to monument fence corners

I agree that setting WC on line is the standard practice. "Would it even be necessary to set new rebar since the wooden fence post corners are like t...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing Spiral Curve in a Railroad R/W

paralellsJust to be clear, I was not suggesting an agreed line but rather the best evidence to use for retracement of the original boundary. If, as i...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracing Spiral Curve in a Railroad R/W

The enabling legislation, takings, deeds usually have language somewhere requiring the RR to maintain fences along the ROW. Therefore, RR fences are ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: How Often Do You Refer To Your Books?

James, I kind of agree with you. But I think Larry is making technicians out of licensed professionals rather than saying technicians are subpar. I ...

14 years ago
Reply
RE: Ethics

I'm not sure I get you Dave. How would one pad a lump sum quote? It is what it is, win lose or draw. The only question in these is what is included....

14 years ago
Page 75 / 97