AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Question about a 1/4 corner on a large natural.

Actually, I'm trying to point out that the presumption has been rebutted by calling for the specific mark that does not claim to be in the center.One ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about a 1/4 corner on a large natural.

If I have a call for an iron rod set on the earth, is the rod or the earth the monument? If I can't find the rod, should I presume it was set in the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about a 1/4 corner on a large natural.

No, there is no presumption, other than it's the center of the "X". The chances of the "X" having landed on the center of the sandstone are negligibl...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Thence EAST, Thence SOUTH...etc.

A serious questionAbsolutely! :good:

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal Descriptions>Colonial Style-Place this!

I know exactly where that is; but it's gonna cost ya;-)

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about a 1/4 corner on a large natural.

If you can't find the "X" and you know the sandstone is eroding at a rapid rate, then you have nothing. Could be the "x" was on part of it that erode...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you include marking property lines as part of a survey?

DuaneYou mean you calculated a line and found it to be 10-20 feet off of the stone wall:)That's actually just about right and proves the stone wall. T...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you include marking property lines as part of a survey?

DuaneI will suggest that lines be marked if the client does not want them marked and I think they should be. I will mark them in whatever way the cli...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Do you include marking property lines as part of a survey?

I don't understand the question. How is it "extra" to charge for a service provided to a client?If you mean do I give a price that the client does no...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: An Obvious Error in Grid Bearings from Solar Observations

Well, maybe so, but you didn't get paid to take a leisurely stroll around the countryside looking for those old monuments for a couple days. Nor did ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Writing your own deed?

Exactly. All the more reason for the surveyor not to remove themselves from the process based on the threat of practicing law without a license. Sur...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

The limits of a highway ROW, which the State has previously acquired by filing acquisition maps,could be determined by one or more of the following te...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Why Independently Reproducible Bearings are Bad

True enough. Unfortunately, what I've seen this lead to is the jobs going to those who will not do ANY topo for the onsite sewage (scan a usgs topo a...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll - Have you received a tip while surveying?

While I was performing my indentured servitude, er I mean getting my valuable experience, a contractor gave the boss a hundred bucks each for me and m...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence corners used as property corners

I don't think you have enough evidence to hold both the irons. One or the other might be a called for, but the distance is way out of tolerance that ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Writing your own deed?

It would be practicing law for a surveyor to write a deed for pay in some jurisdictions. It is not practicing law to write a description, nor to prin...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll: North?

This scares me.I know. What ever happened to penalty of death for use of a compass? Maps and deeds instead of beating the bounds? All this new tech...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Poll: North?

If we're talking about Honest questions, I think the more honest one is this.IN the next ten years would you (or clients you have been retained by) li...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Oldest Man Made Monumented Survey Line?

Yes, and these natives laid out curves 2 millennium before the PLSS manual:-O

13 years ago
Page 64 / 97