AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Question for EFBURKHOLDER

The flatter the arc, the longer the radius. Think about spiral curves. If the formula uses a mean value it will have to depart from a specific value...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Liability, Discovery Rule

"How could a contract be written so that it allows for operation of the discovery rule, yet doesn't effectively require unlimited and unending liabili...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Two surveys which one is right?

Not true at all. All of the evidence should be located. Generally speaking, any lot survey requires gathering enough evidence to establish the block...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: A Modest Proposition for the Mediation of Boundary Disputes

Arbitrationhas become a problem of itself. You have a nice idea and it's worth a more serious reply. Based on the way the business of arbitration ha...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: A Modest Proposition for the Mediation of Boundary Disputes

If they appoint you the mediator or arbitrator I'm taking my compass and going home:-(

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence on Line

I label it "fence along this line" rather than "on this line" for just this reason. If the client wants to know more about it we can negotiate a cont...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS folks (or CFEDS) - Educate me

My understanding was the independent resurvey is not a retracement. It might be used where it is known the original was flawed in some way and nothin...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: PLSS folks (or CFEDS) - Educate me

If I recall, the rule is that a dependent resurvey supercedes the original and becomes the controlling location once approved. I'm interested too. I...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Retracement Dilema

I think the presumption has to be that the GLO surveyor had more of the original evidence in 1937. That is corroborated by the notes. I would presum...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Filson Vest

One that might be of interest is on sale:

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence

This is an easy one. You can argue and conjecture and fight with the neighbor all you want. But, you don't know anything yet, so it's all a waste of...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I say anything to the boss

Duane, That is An Insult To EngineersPaul, we all know the ethics of engineers prohibits paying for products or services, but we also know they get qu...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Request Form

James wins the internet today:-P

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Should I say anything to the boss

Bring him to your office and tell him to shut the door. Show him your quote for a pencil pocket protector and tell him how you want to open an engine...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Which is it - plain or plane

The floodplain is the area inundated with water. The flood plane is the elevation marking the border between the floodplain and uplands not affected ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Should a PS stamped survey be good for more than 6 months?

Yeah, that's why you should bend over backwards to correct it before any actual damages result from your own actions or inactions. But, one can still...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Should a PS stamped survey be good for more than 6 months?

"I disagree that a change in the law during those 6 months could have had any effect as the boundary description would have to be interpreted accordin...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Should a PS stamped survey be good for more than 6 months?

"How much can change in six month that warrant a new survey?"An awful lot can change. Missed evidence, new evidence, recanted testimony, new court ca...

13 years ago
Page 63 / 97