Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Not really. The court granted summary judgement denying the acquiesence claim. They sent it back to the trial court only for further proceedings on ...
Hypothetical-More InfoFence contractor got job because their price was lower by one side. Makes sense, why have two on (in the vicinity) the same lin...
I see now the certificate is on the plat itself. Still, did they run along the bank to limit the conveyance or because there's an 80 foot cliff? Or ...
Seems to me the union would not have brought this up if survey crews were being compensated at a level presumed by the statute and as inferred by NSPS...
Your clients deed is a remainder parcel, so the language is not controlling. It may however shed light on the intention of the grantor in the 1964 su...
No, that means an arc of 12 feet radius, centered on the right front corner, touches the line you staked out (whatever that line represents) at some p...
Well, I was not commenting on who might be "best". I'm sure engineers are just as capable of learning the process as surveyors.
Establishing a BFE by flood study that will be incorporated by FEMA is not always the way to go, although it may be the norm in your area. But I agre...
If a river, then look for the nearest bridge, obtain DOT flood study if available. You can use the elevation at the bridge for anything downstream or...
Suggested procedure:When the crew shoots and records the monument to prove it was set, put it on a different CAD layer for possible future use as cont...
Sounds like you better set it and show it on the map rather than just computing it and only setting around your parcel:-/
Thanks Scott,Yes, he is going to NMC. Maybe we can meet for a cold one when I take him out there. We have to get to one of the orientation sessions ...
OK let me launch this and see how it floats...I would think that a new one could be used only if the location on the ground of the old one is now unce...
Yes, it is subject to the statute of limitations for contract actions unless the certifications extend the period. In NY that would be 6 years (for a...
Frank, the certifications only apply to contract liability. An action for professional negligence (malpractice) can be brought by anyone who can show...
Thanks! I followed your threads searching for the handheld, I need one like that myself.My son is going to the college in traverse bay this fall (fre...
You should not certify to "future unamed parties". Anyone you know or should have known will rely on the survey is owed a duty of care. This would i...
Apparantly MA professionals didn't get in on the tort reform movement in the 90's. But maybe it was not needed under the laws you list. Seems like r...