AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: Sequential conveyance

Common misconception that NY does not treat subdivisions as simultaneous.In fact they are recognized as simultaneous, but if retracement of individual...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Expert Witness Rates - Why so high?

If it's worth going to court at all over a surveying issue (or any other issue), then it's worth finding the best expert and paying whatever they char...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Typical Utah mountain subdivision from the 70's.

I agree an agreement would be beneficial, but I wouldn't be scared to make a map showing my opinion first. But then I probably wouldn't show anything...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Typical Utah mountain subdivision from the 70's.

If it's a public school, then it is almost certainly covered under the statute as a government entity. I think the use would be considered public as ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Typical Utah mountain subdivision from the 70's.

The survey that established the original line between the two parcels. If the subdivision survey is the best available evidence of a retracement of t...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Legal-eeze hair-splitting

Bill, that's what I teach. It's only a number unless you can tell me something about its reliability. Do you have a statistical analysis or at least...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Theoretical Thinking Part 1

I don't know if this is a better way or not.Shoot 3 points. Perpendicular bisectors between them will pass through the radius point. A three point c...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying is .....

I agree. Surveying is an art for those that don't know the science or the law of it.Not limited to surveying. There are artists everywhere masquerad...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is the 1/4 corner - BLM related (Long)

Either way the dependant resurvey is based on evidence of subdivision. The only disagreement is over how much weight to give each piece of evidence i...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Where is the 1/4 corner - BLM related (Long)

The conveyances away from the government are strictly construed regardless of extrinsic evidence later found that might alter the dimensions of the co...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording someone elses plat

For those with two differing processes; filing = recording below.Yes, at the time. However, many years later the attempt to file an old map is proble...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyin' in WV

So you own it per the contract, but under the rule it seems you can't talk about it without the clients permission. Kind of a tough rule. A similar ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: So I was looking for a new total station

I've never understood why all of them don't have Hz adjust knobs both left and right (I typically use the left, but sometimes use both), like my old w...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyin' in WV

Seems to me that it's not about whether fellow professionals usually ignore the rule and share and discuss things with each other. You are all breaki...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording someone elses plat

No, you should not be allowed to record something like this. Recording is an authentication procedure in the chain of evidence. Without the authenti...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How far is too far? Still no answer

I agree with your point. I'm just can't find it in the case you posted. It may well be that the one survey provided is held as an accurate depiction...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How far is too far? Still no answer

That is interesting. I'm not too surprised, but am a little if it's true. Seems there would be some case very early on at least.What I've noticed is...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: How far is too far? Still no answer

Yes. Unless a chain of evidence could be established that links the accepted physical boundary to the original monument, thereby making it an accesso...

13 years ago
Page 61 / 97