AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
duane-frymire
duane-frymire
@duane-frymire
Member Founder
Joined: July 2, 2010 5:21 am
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Topics: 17 / Replies: 1907
Reply
RE: boots

Raichle are excellent too. Them were my last pair, so I have high expectations I hope the Lowa's can live up to.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Did the surveyor represent my best interest

I have to agree with you asking the question. I don't know the answer, but that email would certainly make me wonder. Testimony of one person is not...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: boots

I like redwing for basic construction site stuff and moderate walking because they last me 3 times longer than the ones that are half the price.I alwa...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: The Survey Map Drafting Discussion TTT

That doesn't mean it's correct;:excruciating: maybe like retail the customer didn't mention it.I agree with most of your comments, but two symbols in...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Vs. Ancient

Yes, it's about reliability of the evidence. It is interesting how this changes in differing jurisdictions and circumstances. Many states don't use ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Certifications

Well, as noted above, if you agreed to certify in your contract, then you can't charge more for something you left out. I assume you did not agree to...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Certifications

The certification confirms a contractual relationship or creates one that didn't exist. If it is to the client and lender/bank, buyer; and you knew t...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: I have a question...

Yes, I think you're correct. In the old cases (stafford v. king being a good example) the surveyor testimony tended toward telling the court what a b...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: PPM - Parts Per Million .. what does it mean?

Maybe, but 3" is going to result in different error amount at differing distances. So, in effect there is something similar going on and you can dete...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Expert Witness Fees

Depends on the surveyor, as with all other experts. If it's worth going to court, it's worth whatever the best expert you can find is charging. The ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: PPM - Parts Per Million .. what does it mean?

Actually it can be. A question on that would go like:You have a gun specification of +- 3" at 2000', what is the angular precision?So, tan 3" = X/200...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: PPM - Parts Per Million .. what does it mean?

To clarify (maybe). EDM's are counting full and half waves of a certain spectrum of light. Instruments are generally set to calculate distance based...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording States and cost to file

for Duane and others"we're professionals, so we don't need no steenking review crowd"I don't think I said or implied that attitude.The rest of your ar...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording States and cost to file

Ding ding ding, we have a winnerI think every county is different, NYC may have some high fees. Last one I filed it was 10 dollars and I charged the ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Recording States and cost to file

I'm trying to get my head around this. So, there's an eight year or so process to "weed out the crap" and get licensed. But, there's still a problem...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Adding a little color to surveys

Most of my clients prefer color. Mylar has to be black for recording. Not a problem, just print it black. A color plat should be made the same as a ...

13 years ago
Reply
RE: Things manufacturers could do...

Yeah, they come up with a pipe puller and I'm launching my pipe duster drone service.

13 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT Manual

Here's the link:

13 years ago
Reply
RE: DOT Manual

Hey Jim, It came back undeliverable, checked the address and it is what you posted. Ya got another? It says exceeds fixed maximum; attachment is 19...

13 years ago
Page 57 / 97