Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Jim, I don't have a link but I can send you a pdf attachment. Don't see a way to attach it to a post or via email through the site. Send me an email...
Well said James!
If there were no specs on the job it's dumb, unless you got paid extra for the extra precision. If it's an Alta it's dumb because they got you to wri...
Yeah, not trying to get P&R, just balancing is all. I get the point and just trying to show both sides. I've run my own businesses, and for what...
Well, you do know that was a propaganda piece right? It was very popular at the time in war departments and corporate boardrooms. But the author adm...
""FWIW - in Maryland deciding where future structures should be placed (the preparation of site plans) is statutorily included in the definition of "p...
No, the final location should be determined by the land surveyor. The design should be modified to fit the necessary location.If the location could b...
I'm not sure how anyone could be better qualified than a land surveyor to determine where future structures should be placed. It's up to the engineer...
All projects that have a need for determining features of the earth or the vegetation or waters thereon are related to boundaries in my view. If some...
Well, I think some are missing the differences between situations.The note is pretty clear that those monuments will be used for purposes of any furth...
Curves Are To Connect Other Curves Or TangentsI think I see the problem now. That curve data is insufficient for a non-tangent curve for those with d...
Well, what about the next course in the description? Is that correct with a curve to the right or a curve to the left? If the area and the next call...
Mistakes can be thrown out; absurd results point to mistakes; the deed must be interpreted as a whole document and not piecemeal; rules of constructio...
Another wrinkle in the "Hold The Monuments?" - DuaneTom, I think most, if not all, courts hold that it is a taking process when land for a road is acq...
"...to an existing iron rod, a corner; thence North 28-00-00 West 913.21 feet along the line of a ditch and the Jane Smith line to an existing iron ro...
The exam has been redesigned and I think there is a new practice manual. The old one should still have some relevance, depends what you need it for I...
I would presume the fence was built from an existing marked corner to an existing marked corner (wood stakes were not uncommon in 1907) and is therefo...
They're good enough if they are reasonably correct, which is really a very similar result as if they were monuments.
Very good analysis!Thanks Dave. While law school does not cover boundary law much, it does help one understand where some of it comes from. My messa...
Yes, which would lead to proration in private subdivision lines. But, unlike the highway taking scenario, some courts will hold a lot stakeout over a...