Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
If the author puts a copyright symbol or notice on the work, then they are entitled to damages. If not, it's still an infringement but the author wil...
"Question is this, do abutters called out prior to obtaining title have any senior rights?"No. This just shows who the grantor was planning on sellin...
LS v PLS?Ralph, I don't think so, but maybe they changed things. My stamp says LLS, not LS. But I'm pretty sure in one section of the law or another...
LS v PLS?The legislation reserves a few different terms for sole use of those licensed, any of which are fine to use. They just had to pick one to go...
I know. If you want your surveyors to write descriptions then you should want feedback and discussion about them. If you prefer not to have feedback...
#1 - I like the Wattles example given. Sometimes it makes sense and sometimes not.#2 - Same as #1. For instance: "to a set iron pipe. Thence; " vers...
Well, technically most of the info is there in your example. Compare the cap number with the number on the plat and one can see what is going on. I ...
Messing with the Man...Are they still offering the old deal? Guy could have some fun with that:)
While that would seem to be true to many reading the case (Chaplin), it may not be. The law has too many twists and turns and people simply must have...
Nothing can quite beat the fun of messing with THE MAN, which of course are the outside workers that come into the village for these folks. But has a...
Using NYRTN. In the real dense mixed conifer/hardwood where I can't really see sky above, I'm getting standalone +-10' and float +-5' (although hrms c...
I've been clicking that "help" thing in your message for 1 day 9 hours and 16 minutes, but no answers. If this keeps up I might have to ask a questio...
You can add the 180 if you want to. They are just getting the back azimuth, and in the instance of subtracting it keeps it between 0 and 360 without ...
The point and problem is that they could have relied on a different decision and intended something else. There is discussion of the split in the low...
As posted below, NY was not so cut and dried. "to the bank, thence along the bank" would have restricted the grant under the old law, not now. "to t...
Well, all they are saying is that a grantee near water expects to be able to use it, so if that's not the case the grantee needs to make it very clear...
Yes, there are a lot of situations that could be argued more than one way. If I recall, the court made an exception in relation to old mills and such...
Yes, there used to be that argument, although a call to the shore would still have taken the boundary to the water (just not to the center). However,...