Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: August 5, 2026 9:00 am
Murphy, post: 346121, member: 9787 wrote: I certainly don't advocate ignorance of language, I just haven't experienced a lack of commonality of terms....
LRDay, post: 346189, member: 571 wrote: Dave, I don't think its near that big a deal. I believe that a one year program like a masters after the basic...
Bill93, post: 346156, member: 87 wrote: That's why boundary surveying needs to be taught in law schools, not as part of civil engineering. And the te...
eapls2708, post: 346067, member: 589 wrote: I agree with parts of this statement and disagree with others. I agree that the lack of common terminolog...
Peter Ehlert, post: 346011, member: 60 wrote: we are not all Boundary Surveyors, nor do we all possess good communication skills. It is simply not a j...
Murphy, post: 345991, member: 9787 wrote: Lack of unity of terminology is quite far down the list of reasons why people don't trust us. People mistru...
Surveyor In Training, post: 345920, member: 10308 wrote: A land surveyor cannot tell a land owner where he or she owns to. Surveyors can only put the ...
Scott Zelenak, post: 345019, member: 327 wrote: I'm not a boundary surveyor, so I wouldn't know. But while staring at the brake lights of the car in f...
eapls2708, post: 344788, member: 589 wrote: Exactly. What the administrative action against the surveyor does is give the next surveyor on the scene ...
teffinger, post: 344448, member: 2642 wrote: We have a situation here in Colorado: Large Subdivisions were surveyed and all of the lots were monumente...
RoadBurner, post: 333854, member: 6168 wrote: "You can't adversely possess against the street." But the govt can lose its full width through estoppel....
MightyMoe, post: 334436, member: 700 wrote: Oh it's law for sure, it extends to surveyors, it does help with some issues, but the law has exceptions t...
Skeeter1996, post: 333853, member: 9224 wrote: What if 30 years later the monuments are not what the Plat says they should be (spikes instead of 3/4 i...
Glenn Breysacher, post: 333809, member: 188 wrote: Not necessarily so Jim. Until the City accepts the subdivision improvements, it's not open to anyon...
Robert Rolleston, post: 333761, member: 10403 wrote: Thank you will look into that. Very complicated. Guess that is why they say $2,500 for a survey...
Jim in AZ, post: 333359, member: 249 wrote: You are aware that Brown says "Not all surveyors and courts are in agreement with the theory that excess o...
Lamon Miller, post: 333219, member: 553 wrote: A clients deed calls for two 75' wide lots plus a 30' wide street that was never constructed, for the d...
John Giles, post: 333083, member: 57 wrote: I just finished a survey where the client had property that has been in his family for almost a 100 years....
James Fleming, post: 330833, member: 136 wrote: Late to the party, and my 2 cents are state specific but... Maryland, like many states, has codified c...
JBStahl, post: 330716, member: 427 wrote: Like Dave said, it depends upon who the parties to the case were. If the party in red sued all of the neigh...