Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Decisions depend on evidence found in the field and during research. Too little of each in the OP to make any useful comment. Give the Section Townsh...
@thebionicman?ÿ ?ÿI agree, increasing the options would increase the umbrella.?ÿ
Why...stop by the residential plat being built and grab the surveyor there...drive to the high rise being built downtown, grab the surveyor there and ...
I remind my clients, early and often that their understanding of the stakes on the ground does not override the signed and approved plans. Had a guy ...
This would be a great idea. Count me as a yes vote.
@mike-marks?ÿ You make a great argument for people doing construction staking to NOT BE LICENSED. I would guess that dollar wise it might be even in ...
The 60's and 70's had booms that created surveyors and they needed a lot of people. Still much the same into the 80's, and a bit into the 90's. By the...
I understand. It still makes me chuckle at the idea that only surveyors end up marking property lines. And in some sense, even if I clearly mark a pro...
I always chuckle at this, when I think of all the boundaries clearly marked by fences set by people that may have no survey experience of any sort.
That is happening a lot in our industry. For decades, prices stagnated. Then they contracted with the Great Recession. Now, enough of the surplus of s...
Probably because they didn't charge enough to stay in business. Also, 7 years ago this profession was in the grip of the great recession, which hit u...
This is now SOP
I dont think it will ever actually go out in the form I wrote, but it was a moment of frustration. In that form, it only went internal (and to the ent...
I agree, but the process was two fold, but partly this educates the others in the office on the specific "why" we will and will not do what others are...
As long as you put your name and number on it, and clearly mark what you are staking... If it looks like you staked the property line, you own that l...
Have you tried their cloud processing (you can get a trial)? I would be very interested to know how it compares with Pix4d. My experience was that it ...
This 100 times.?ÿ
I think LG and Sony (maybe Samsung?) have phones not made in China. I am guessing they at least have some components from China in any case. I doubt...