AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Position Available - Louisville Army Corps of Engineers

There are licensed people available for &44k-$86k/year?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for Board to enforce California Law 8762?

To be clear, I am not saying to just turn someone in. First, you call them. If you are young, ask rather than tell. "Just curious, as I try to develop...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does a Note like This, Mean to You?

Who are "other licensees" and how do you notify them??ÿ ?ÿ I thought the same thing. Do you take out an advert in the state surveying publication l...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Time for Board to enforce California Law 8762?

If you see a violation, and do not send in a complaint, what do you have to complain about? BUT...I agree with the speeding violation thing. IMHO, th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: So you found a monument 0.XX' from where you calculated it...

In many areas, I have often thought that offsets drilled into the curb would be much more useful (especially in the long term) than setting irons at t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Question: How do we can manage an error when we are setting loops for a big property - Traverse?

Add cross ties to create a network (your RTK may be sufficient), and balance using MicroSurvey's StarNet or the equivalent. I am not aware of any fie...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: So you found a monument 0.XX' from where you calculated it...

One plat around here, if you find a corner off from your calc by 0.2', then you are pretty sure it was disturbed because you know that surveyor's work...

5 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: So you found a monument 0.XX' from where you calculated it...

I agree with this statement, and if it was followed there would be fewer notes about fallings and fewer measured vs record or deed calls.?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone looking for a new job?

@norman-oklahoma?ÿ It is interesting to see adverts that demand superman, when the reality is that they would be happy take any breathing applicant.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does a Note like This, Mean to You?

I always think of this when I hear "driven to refusal".

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does a Note like This, Mean to You?

Interesting, I worked for years here in WA with a surveyor that was responsible for thousands of surveys, and he always did that on his surveys, and h...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does a Note like This, Mean to You?

I applaud the doing something about it, rather than just getting irritated. I personally do not care if I follow that sort of survey, as long as they ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does a Note like This, Mean to You?

@wa-id-surveyor Adding a cost of $10k to get your $10k lot in Republic surveyed...that is probably the biggest hurdle there. Eventually, it would ge...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: So you found a monument 0.XX' from where you calculated it...

I appreciate your certainty. ?ÿ This article discusses Olson v City of Seattle, among other cases. I would need more information to make a decisio...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does a Note like This, Mean to You?

It has been the law since 2000... see WSR 00-17-063 [ Order 704 -- Filed August 9, 2000, 1:59 p.m. ] WAC 332-130-050

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What Does a Note like This, Mean to You?

BTW, I like the rule. Once a surveyor breaks a section down and establishes local control, for some surveyors it is possible that they will rarely, if...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: So you found a monument 0.XX' from where you calculated it...

My answers: 1. Yes. 2. Perhaps. 3. Depends. 4. Many ways to do this work, I am not convinced I know the only way. 5. No and No. Hopefully, they k...

5 years ago
Page 30 / 155