AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Any opinions on Nikon AE-7 auto level?

In fact, I would always be in the market for a good price on a excellent condition NA2.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Any opinions on Nikon AE-7 auto level?

Get the wild...it is worth the cost, whatever the difference is.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Deeds that dont close, due to rounding numbers

Why not? If the call is N65-32W which is better? N65-32-00W or N65-32-30W or N65-32-58W? It may not be your approach, or maybe even mine (depending ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Deeds that dont close, due to rounding numbers

You think??ÿ?ÿ Never used this, have to take a look at it. ?ÿ

4 years ago
Reply
RE: My Least squares adjustment needs fixin'

What do the station reports reveal? You can examine what is happening at each station, and that allows you to refine the issue that you are looking at...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: My Least squares adjustment needs fixin'

@half-bubble?ÿ Constrain to ONE POINT (you can have one H and one V). Set a Bearing to the another station. After you have everything working from t...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Dedication and acceptance

If the municipality or county or whatever thought the roads were theirs, they would have maintained them, right? So perhaps they were dedicated and ne...

5 years ago
Topic
Reply
RE: "Most Surveyors Are Bad Boundary Surveyors"

LOL, that is how I know it is possible. I have seen surveys where two well respected surveyors come to two different conclusions and I can follow how ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: "Most Surveyors Are Bad Boundary Surveyors"

I don't know the guy, and while I applaud his attempt to explain why choosing the cheapest may not be the best, it is my opinion that denigrating your...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: "Most Surveyors Are Bad Boundary Surveyors"

It is possible that neither surveyor did anything wrong in a boundary dispute. It is entirely possible that they don't even disagree. The court case i...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: My new Wild T2

THRAC alert! It is 2022, so you need to pump those numbers up quite a bit! If a Chevy Blazer cost $4000 at the time, an equivalent in power, off-roa...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Survey Drawing Template and F2F Files

Management and Surveying are two different skills

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do when..

If you get hurt, the company will pay a fine, maybe settle a lawsuit (insurance will pay)...you could be dead or maimed for the rest of your life. The...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: What to do when..

I always tell my kids (and employees) that their safety is their number one job. You cannot leave it to anyone else. As an employer, I legally and mo...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Original and Undisturbed

Yeah, 1995 around here it largely depended on what you needed to do to get the plat recorded. Some places you could record before anything was set... ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Anyone here survey out of a van

I miss that era of Suburban. Our F-150 work truck has the twin turbo and 10 speed transmission. Who wants so much to go wrong on a work truck? My Expl...

5 years ago
Page 26 / 155