AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Drafter and/or LSIT

If a person was a fully functional project surveyor/survey drafter (understands surfaces, field conditions, boundary, etc), then fully remote would be...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Drafter and/or LSIT

They do not, but I have found that mentoring from a distance is not my strong suite. Perhaps this is uncommon to have this weakness, but it does exist...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: deed copiers

I will typically provide both, in that instance, providing a way for someone else to find the answer. If the messed up description comes from the titl...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Is it just me?

The key information there is that AD stands for Anno Domini or "the year of our lord". As a kid I always assumed it was "After Death". But anyway...C...

4 years ago
Topic
Replies: 13
Views: 995
Reply
RE: Deeds that dont close, due to rounding numbers

?ÿ Rounding should reflect the precision of our measurements. The concept is not "rounding" but "significant figures".?ÿ In that context, rounding p...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying down from height - sighting accuracy

Might be "fair" but if dude is doing work for you, you have to be paying. What happens if he gets hurt, is he "on the clock" then? Fair=Supervisor ha...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 1/2 survey?

A fence is not occupation all by it self.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: 1/2 survey?

He is licensed, but not as a surveyor, from what I remember from another thread.

4 years ago
Reply
RE: infrastructure headache

I think "Lot Lizards" generally refers to prostitutes that hang out at truck stops and such.?ÿ That doesn't quite fit in my mental image of a "Dairy ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: What to call it?

I agree with Bill here, but the preponderance of evidence would be enough to hold or reject. Then you need to explain on your survey. Math is part of ...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Roadside Treasure

?ÿ ?ÿ That drill is a great survey tool!?ÿ (I know not the topic, but...)

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Versus Long Term Occupation

I do not advise clients on this. They NEED legal counsel. That said, your impression is the exact opposite of my understanding. I am curious which on...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed Versus Long Term Occupation

Who has more money? The builder or the adjoiner? In rich neighborhoods, this could have legs, which means the developer caves. In middle class neighbo...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying down from height - sighting accuracy

That would get you sideways with a few government organizations around here...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying down from height - sighting accuracy

That is pretty reasonable. Topcon was more than that when I last looked, and I believe Leica was as well. How much will it cost if you mess it up beca...

4 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying down from height - sighting accuracy

There are methods for replicating horizontal control grids vertically over hundreds of feet for high rises, etc. Traversing in from the ground can wor...

4 years ago
Page 25 / 155