AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Temporary Easements on ROS

The city says they want the temporary easements shown on the ROS in case someone How much money do we spend for a public servant's "in cases"? (Whi...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Marker? What say you?

Crazy how intact the flagging was!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

I believe this is the only county in Washington that does this. I applaud them. I would love to have an office of County Surveyor in each county re...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

I'm not sure if I could force things and have no desire to find out. Yeah, many such things occur with me as well. But state law is clear about the...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Illinois River Survey - 1903

Off topic, but I am very impressed with the stamping...it must have been done on a machine... They set the pipe made measurements, then set a brass c...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Pavement Creep, and PK nail moving

Curb cuts are fairly visible monuments and I believe homeowners around here rely on them to mark the line much more than a steel pin and cap that is q...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

I'm licensed in 2 recording states, Oregon & Washington. In Clark County, WA you email a pdf of your survey to the County Surveyor. He reviews and...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

The municipalities and creditors learned from the 2008 housing debacle when many subdivisions were in mid-construction and the developers went under ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Members Map, for those who don't know what this is

But, dmyhill comes out Dummy Hill. Sorry. LOL probably not the only one that says that.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

Very few I have spoken to are even aware of it. How could that be possible?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Origin of section corner symbols

Ah. Thank you for the clarification. We have the LSRR. Land Survey Reference Report for Government corners. Not sure who invented the term. You...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: 3 wire

@jim-frame not to be rude, I think this is bad advice. I think everyone should learn to run three wire in case their digital gear malfunctions and as ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: What do you do when you don't trust...

Huge corporations don't worry about such things as they have no personal contact with individuals. Small shops are all about mutual trust. If you ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about a moved monument

then stab the monument back in the ground somewhere near the post (where they can actually do so). Then along comes a survey tech looking for a bar. ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

my entire investment relied on a nail being a stable marker. That might be hyperbole as well. And there are nails and then there are nails. But, t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

Certainly not cheap, but you are engaging in hyperbole. Who? ME?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

With that said, you technically cannot have a PLS conduct actual as-builts in WA within creating a separate topo drawing meeting state requirements. ...

3 years ago
Page 14 / 155