AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

How would I do it (AKA THE ONLY CORRECT WAY): I hope people still have a sense of humor.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

I'm concerned that the discussion is drifting away from the original question. I'm not asking if as-builts are required in your area, I'm asking if th...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

The municipalities and creditors learned from the 2008 housing debacle when many subdivisions were in mid-construction and the developers went under ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

A resounding "yes", as-builts must be certified by either a PLS or PE. Both. PE signs the set, the PLS has their certification added to each page t...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Pavement Creep, and PK nail moving

Go figure. I guess it's really a crap-shoot whether a monument sticks around or not, despite our best efforts. In answer to the curb question.....

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Pavement Creep, and PK nail moving

Does that mean if the front of the properties were never pinned, that the property line travels with the curb cuts? We probably need to drive ancho...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

It used to be just storm and sanitary sewer as-builts. In some municipalities, you might as well just to do a complete post-construction topo of the ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

I suggest that you take your complaints to the Engineering Manager and GIS Department Lead of your fair city. That would be a full time job. I hav...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

And I have found a penny in the spot it was dropped 100 years ago... or did a wondering toddler, or bird pick it up and move it? You are buying your...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

Considering how useful it is to have utilities information at our fingertips during the planning, survey and design phases, I'd say that building and ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

The alternative is for the city to hire a lot of survey staff to go around and populate their GIS. Do you think that would be cheaper? Why do the p...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Naked man hurled machete at surveyor, tried to rob him

Naked man hurls machette...i think that means it is 5:00 PM in Seattle.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

More Regulation > More Billable Time > Mo Money Which puts a damper on the whole process, and robs property owners of bona fide rights (makes...

3 years ago
Reply
Reply
RE: Disclaimers

something more substantial than a PK nail? My residential customers would not generally like to spend an additional $300 to get a brass mon, but w...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

The circumstance here is that I work for a city. The suggestion has been made that we require a certified as-built mapping of the works before giving ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: As-built surveys

For those performing subdivision development work - do any agencies/jurisdictions you work for require that the surveyor map and certify the locations...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Well, I got cussed out, and run off...

Picked one, in the right of way, near a rich man's house. First, was he from North of Richmond? Second, you are a saint. I wouldn't move from the ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Family Handyman helps landowners find their corners

Posted by: @hpalmer ↑ often send subdivision homeowners to search for their own corners versus us sending a crew out to locate same. I...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Adjoining Deed References Wrong Property

@fairbanksls I obtained my surveyor's license early this year. I'm aware my experience is limited and I have much to learn still. Couple of thin...

3 years ago
Page 15 / 155