AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
dmyhill
dmyhill
@dmyhill
Member Sustainer
Joined: January 26, 2011 4:49 pm
Last seen: July 29, 2026 3:48 pm
Topics: 176 / Replies: 2912
Reply
RE: Odd things you find while surveying

a lady coming back from a victory party saw it; freaked out; ended up in the ditch... Her lawyer found out who was surveying in the area that day and...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT for SurveyorConnect Members

@gary_g If I say what I want to say, I won't be allowed to join you migrants migrating. P&R bans are coming with us?

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC RW5 info

extracting QC reports for certain codes with multiple observations. The easiest might be to bring into Star*Net and have it auto match points, whic...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson SurvPC RW5 info

Small update before the site goes down for the big move to rpls.com. I found that not all data is available in the rw5 file. For 3xample points that ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Pro To Spectra Origin DC Software

I will just go Carlson when that happens.

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Deed language

When feeling whimsical I like the "rightS-of way". Otherwise...it is just "right-of-ways"

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alaska Surveyor?

I was just out there playing off the Denali Hwy an hour past the cutoff. I hear you saying that you are the surveyor for the Job!!!

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alaska Surveyor?

@dmyhill More like 5 hours from Anchorage. There’s also a ton of road construction and portions of the Glenn Hwy that you can’t drive faster than 50 m...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: SPECIAL ANNOUNCEMENT for SurveyorConnect Members

@dmyhill But, do you have your very own short bus???? Now, that is special.................. They make me drive a different vehicle to the job ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alaska Surveyor?

Dang. I guessed fairly close by looking at the location of the Initial Point. Decided Glenallen might be close. Not too far off. Only 2 or 3 hou...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Alaska Surveyor?

What recording district is that in? Isn't that a question to ask of an Alaskan registrant? That's like asking what county in the L48. Every rec...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Unsurveyed Lines

When drafting a survey, do you ever incorporate county/state/federal GIS data (Adjoining parcel lines, easements, river/streams, flood etc) into your ...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing control to a site

OPUS struggles up here, mainly because of the geometry, Gavin and many others have worked hard to make WSRN very robust in that sense. I have done man...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Temporary Easements on ROS

It all got thrown out of court, but I don't think the surveyor's life was enriched by the ordeal. An ordeal that could have been easily avoided if he'...

3 years ago
Reply
RE: Bringing control to a site

Static is better than RTK...where is McMillimeter when you need him!!! Maybe so, but having spent a year using our extremely dense and well mainta...

3 years ago
Page 13 / 155