AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
dave-lindell
dave-lindell
@dave-lindell
Free
Joined: July 1, 2010 5:41 pm
Last seen: January 20, 2026 5:20 pm
Topics: 144 / Replies: 1540
Reply
Reply
RE: Ring Ring!!!

"Is this the party to whom I'm speaking?" - Ernestine

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Intro to Survey

You probably won't start off using instruments right away.Make sure they don't get loops in the steel tapes when trying to measure that first traverse...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Doh!

I've heard the correct spelling is D'oh, with an apostrophe.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyor Comic

gschrock:Reminds me of the time I was hired to get a coordinate on a time capsule buried in a planter in front of City hall.I left a receiver on the p...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Finding monuments buried deep

When I first started surveying most property corners were 2"x2" redwood stakes, usually painted white.It was common to put a flattened beer can over t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Stay out of manholes

They have been renamed "maintenance holes" here.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Can any one identify this box housed brass beauty please as the pic was forwarded to me to ID

I have one exactly like it, not brass though.It belonged to my grandfather, a blacksmith. It was used to measure the circumference of wagon wheels.Min...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Line tangent to two circles

The crossing of the magenta lines intersection is the key. It can be constructed a thousand ways because of its symmetry!Stephan's method has a weakn...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: What type of monument is it.

It's a pink flag holder.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: I Dunno how many of you read the magazine P.O.B.

For those of you looking forward to less competition because of the dying off of old surveyors, don't forget the civil engineering groups will gladly ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Identify these objects?

That square spike with the pyramidal point is what we used to use at the city where I worked for centerline points. Great for asphalt paving.They are...

10 years ago
Page 58 / 85