Reading RPLS is free for the whole profession. Members post, reply, and get the members-only rooms.
Last seen: January 20, 2026 5:20 pm
I have always done my own field work, except one precise leveling job and one PLSS job I trusted to others in the last 45 years.
Maybe there's a loose nut behind the eyepiece.
It was Kent leaping over the fence with his over-powered jet pack.
If Kent used a Texas-made jet pack it would be so powerful it might launch him into orbit. Maybe if we all chipped in...
Face it, Texas has the Surveyor's Full Employment Act with their deliberate hodge-podge of "subtractive" lands. So much for protecting the public."Min...
The most common phrase in our house is, "I was going to tell you about...,but you were asleep."
The main purpose of the PLSS was to get the land into the hands of the citizens and to pay off the debts of the revolutionary war.Thomas Jefferson's s...
The most accurate prism of mine, as checked on a calibrated baseline, is one of my mini prisms.
Do most of them work as chefs in their spare time?
I think it begins with a "b", and could be "biased".
If you're doing precise leveling I have a Wild N-3 and Invar rods, but shipping could be expensive.
Why are there so many lawyer jokes?Because they make it so easy!