AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
CV-Nevada
CV-Nevada
@cv
Member
Joined: May 26, 2022 5:30 pm
Last seen: October 2, 2026 7:13 pm
Topics: 12 / Replies: 258
Reply
RE: Before noon on Monday or after noon on Friday

A coin-toss for myself. I previously managed several crews, so I used to prepare for Monday mornings on Fridays. This usually kept me busy on Friday ...

5 months ago
Reply
RE: Don’t you just love fence company’s!!!

I find it more unnerving, when the fence company pulls my pins, sets their post there and then puts my pins back in against their post.

6 months ago
Reply
RE: In my time as a surveyor

I think this site may still be undergoing some maintenance/updating. I'm seeing these current post dated "April 15". And the "Paden Link" appears, but...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Neil deGrasse Tyson on; "how to prove an alien abduction"

Neil deGrasse Tyson on; "how to prove an alien abduction": "Grab something off the shelf that’s on the spaceship—an ashtray, it doesn’t matter what....

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Using AI in your survey workflow

@bruce-small True that: "but in fact were imaginary". There is a terminology for AI's over-eagerness, it is called: "hallucinating". While I can...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Recommended Accessory

Recommended Accessory.............

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What is the Topcon GTS-4 Lower plate clamp for?

Is is there so your 'new guy' can loosen it midway through a topo and waste half of your day. 😱

6 months ago
Reply
RE: What do you call this type of monument?

Landbutcher is dead on. These ‘drill steels’ were run with compressed air hammer drills that also blew air through the hole running through the middle...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Flagging corners

@squirl It sounds to me like the inspector probably deserved your “wrong response”. Based upon your tale, I would probably presently still respond to...

6 months ago
Reply
RE: Need advice on magnetic locator

Just don’t be this guy! P.S. the locators will also signal to steel keys or folding knives in your pockets.  

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Need advice on magnetic locator

What those above have said about the Schonstedt is absolutely true, I have used them for decades and they are GREAT. I currently use a Schonstedt at m...

7 months ago
Reply
RE: That dreaded hissing sound...

@lurker It looks like the black paint got you right in the eyes! 😱

7 months ago
Topic
7 months ago
Replies: 17
Views: 1858
Reply
RE: A memory from February 23, 2019

I would have 'waded' until springtime to do that job. 🙃  

7 months ago
Reply
RE: Trimble R12 GPS GNSS Beidou Galileo RTK UHF

@j-dub I’m always suspicious when equipment is missing it’s case. And in this instance, a battery charger as well? Add two more strikes to those you...

8 months ago
Forum
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1940
Reply
RE: Trimble TBC Subscription Packages and What Is Included

I'm still waiting to hear from my Trimble Rep as well (regarding my TBC 2026 renewal). I'm beginning to form the opinion that Trimble is good for lar...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: NSPS Promoted Insurance Company?

I recently started my own business (an LLC), and as expected, I needed professional insurance. I also financed new equipment and, as a condition of th...

9 months ago
Reply
RE: Plumb bob design thought

In my collection of oddities, I have a plum bob that has a mercury filled core. I have never used it.

9 months ago
Page 2 / 14