AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Above Ground Sewer

Reminds me back in the early 2000's when we were surveying out near Preston, Washington, to ascertain R/W for a very old state highway. The proposed I...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: You know you are an aging surveyor when...

...you can recall surveying down the median of an interstate freeway with relatively little concern at the time, for errant/distracted drivers.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Least Squares Traverse Method

A +1 for Star*Net. Easy to use once you get the hang of its formatting, and quite versatile IMO. Least squares is pretty much all I use nowadays as re...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Manhole odors

I can't remember the last time I did a measure-down in a sanitary sewer manhole, but it has been quite a while now. I do not miss the task one iota. A...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Gathering Study Materials

Does SAMSOG have a reference manual for sale with the applicable statutes/codes? If so, it would likely be a very worthwhile investment in my opinion....

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Parker - Kalon Nails

I think the last year they were made was in 2012 or so. Once about ten years ago, I had set a temp point with a MAG nail to represent a (destroyed) mo...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: uh oh, an Engineer signed up

Hmmm... I ain't gonna change my signature just yet... Welcome aboard.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: When your data collector dies...

Any other brand of DC software users out there that have done so? FieldGenius? XYZ Fieldworks (are they even around any more)? Others?

9 years ago
Topic
Replies: 6
Views: 1146
Reply
RE: Transferring software license between 2 data collector (Fast Survey/Survce)

I think I'll start a thread on this topic but of a more general nature software-wise.

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Transferring software license between 2 data collector (Fast Survey/Survce)

Is Carlson the only one who permits this without purchasing another license ($$$$.$$!!!), or do others? I know WRT the DOT I'm employed with, Carlson'...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: What is your go to work boot?

Red Wings since 1991 or so. Not sure of the boot model number/name nowadays but they used to be "Irish Setters". Durable and comfortable. I also buy t...

9 years ago
Reply
9 years ago
Reply
RE: King County Archives

That is a WAY cool video, thank you for sharing it. I think it was the WPA who set those oversize Phillips-head brass screws (that's what they look li...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

Thank you, Gavin!! I totally agree, riparian matters in Washington State are most unique. And they DO thoroughly grill you on those in the state-speci...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: WA state-specific exam.

Checked DOL's website this morning... licensed. Minimally qualified to practice land surveying in the State of Washington- anything beyond that is ear...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: CONTROL POINT WIPE OUT AWARDS

Recently had an RP mon set by our headquarters GeoMetrix crew in a county road gravel shoulder, for a section corner that will no longer be readily ac...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Colorado Mandatory Continuing Education Bill for Land Surveyors Working Its Way through the Legislature

Reading threads like this, makes me truly appreciate the system that we have here in Washington State. The BORPELS has the final say on what qualifies...

9 years ago
Page 6 / 28