AI Assistant
Activity
 
Notifications
Clear all
Crashbox
Crashbox
@crashbox
Member
Joined: March 25, 2014 7:28 am
Last seen: September 25, 2026 10:03 am
Topics: 15 / Replies: 530
Reply
RE: Just wondering...

Since I work in the public sector (DOT), we'd get the tax dollars anyway. However, the cost to deliver a biddable construction project would increase ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Stay out of manholes

[CAPTAINOBVIOUS] Dangerous indeed- proper PPE can save your life, and the lack thereof can tragically end it as the linked article shows. [/CAPTAINOBV...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Replacing printers

Jim Frame, post: 409565, member: 10 wrote: I'm the wrong guy to ask. Last year I had to replace a 23-year-old LaserJet 4 because there are no Windows...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: FS exam

It's been a very long time since I took the FS exam, but I studied for the FS as though I was taking the PS exam, for what it's worth. I think the val...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: My New Helpers (Pics)

sjc1989, post: 408371, member: 6718 wrote: True story. Cattle love to rub against any thing to scratch whatever itches.SteveTrue indeed. I once saw a...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blunder detect runs in Star*net, but can't adjust network

I've had this issue before, and IIRC it had to do with incorrect angular observation(s) being imported for whatever reason. I had to clean them up man...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Identify these objects?

The square nail may indeed be a boat spike, but I thought they were longer. Item on the right is an optical wing-ding.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: So- they told me this week that I'll be getting a Ford Escape instead of an F150 extended cab...

paden cash, post: 407561, member: 20 wrote: I really wanna know how you nurse 8 mpg out of a Ford 460. The last one I owned got more like 5 or 6. It...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Restraint of Trade

After reading all this, I'm beginning to think Washington State's CE requirements are among the most reasonable; WAC (Washington Administrative Code) ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Easements and Reversions by Don Wilson

GMPLS, post: 407340, member: 8404 wrote: Let us know how you like the book Jimmy. Thats on my list. I just ordered a copy of another Don Wilson book t...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Easements and Reversions by Don Wilson

Tom Adams, post: 407211, member: 7285 wrote: [SNIP]Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems like used book prices have skyrocketed in the last decade or so. Wha...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Easements and Reversions by Don Wilson

paden cash, post: 407197, member: 20 wrote: My 2013 copy of the latter states on the back cover "Easements Relating to Land Surveying and Title Examin...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Important numbers

(1)^4 (Star Trek TOS error)

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blunder of the Week

Last week we developed a GPS box for an upcoming project. Tried to develop a coordinate system two days ago (we're a Leica shop FTR) and the DC blew u...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Leap Second

Jim in AZ, post: 405242, member: 249 wrote: That is one of many factors, as is the location, direction and speed of jet stream winds...As well as the ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Right & Left

My instrumentman is accustomed to thinking in terms of rod man left/right whereas I'm still quite used to gun left/right. With the robotic instrument ...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Button Pusher

My signature is what it is, for a good reason 🙂

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Blast from the past surveying style!

More often than not, I'll reminisce when driving through a spot I had surveyed prior. Recalling how well these sign bridges fit, finding crucial evide...

10 years ago
Reply
RE: EXCEL formula to convert decimal to fractional feet.

I seldom use Excel anymore except for converting state plane coordinates to project datum, and vice-versa. Very handy for that.

10 years ago
Reply
RE: Friday Field Pic

Holy Cow, post: 398731, member: 50 wrote: Dang it. Going to have this stuck in my head for the rest of the day.....I've been working on the railroadA...

10 years ago
Page 16 / 28