AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Google Earth Accuracy

I use GE only as a reference tool when preparing a proposal or trying to see what's on site if something in my draft plans doesn't look right. Much o...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Brand X survey monuments

paden cash, post: 438087, member: 20 wrote: I had a young man who left my employment to seek his fame and fortune with another surveying outfit...one ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: ALTA pricing...

Mike Mac, post: 437806, member: 2901 wrote: We have been asked to do a ALTA for a Staples warehouse lot in an industrial park. About 8.7 acres and one...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: How much Ground Control

KScott, post: 437470, member: 1455 wrote: We are providing survey data on ground control for drone flights by others. What is a rule of thumb for the...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Excuse me, but you just stepped in...

clearcut, post: 437026, member: 297 wrote: ....said that little voice in my head.1860, GLO survey subdivided township into sections, appears to have b...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Road Safety

Brad Ott, post: 434159, member: 197 wrote: I am surprised that more of us are not hurt/killed in the middle of the road. I put so much yellow/orange ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Drawings altered by lawyers

Tom Adams, post: 432057, member: 7285 wrote: Chris, I said "a survey plat you had done". That was confusing. I meant if you paid a land surveyor for...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence companies

Richard Imrie, post: 434957, member: 11256 wrote: A naive question here, but if the monuments or other physical control marks are at the property boun...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Fence companies

Peter Ehlert, post: 434728, member: 60 wrote: Location and local custom is everything. In the West surveys for fencing is super rare, I can hardly rem...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Here's a new one.

Tommy Young, post: 433700, member: 703 wrote: I've got a particular client that deals in apartment complexes and I have done several ALTA surveys for ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion Corner

Gene Kooper, post: 433403, member: 9850 wrote: I have mixed feelings about licensing boards employing the rule-making process as a substitute for the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Vintage 1987

BushAxe, post: 433091, member: 11897 wrote: Found this beauty today. Sent from my iPhone using TapatalkI still have 2 16 ouncers and a few new in the ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PURPOSE FOR PLSS

Larry Scott, post: 433140, member: 8766 wrote: The 12 mile arc of Deleware is a good example.Its original (imprecise) layout was lost, or quite nearly...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PURPOSE FOR PLSS

warren ward PLS CO OK, post: 433135, member: 12536 wrote: to me, and I thought to the BLM, a "gross error" would not qualify as a good faith survey. S...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: PURPOSE FOR PLSS

warren ward PLS CO OK, post: 433089, member: 12536 wrote: The reason we have a PLSS, since 1785, and a BLM Manual, is to establish property lines for ...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best States For Surveying

Matt McKeegan, post: 433126, member: 12709 wrote: Has a lot to do with where She wants to live and work...I can understand that for sure, at 52, I'm p...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Pincushion Corner

rfc, post: 432008, member: 8882 wrote: Davy Crockett once said:"First, make sure you're right...Then go ahead!"The same guy who was almost lynched for...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Survey Drawings altered by lawyers

Tom Adams, post: 432057, member: 7285 wrote: Chris, I said "a survey plat you had done". That was confusing. I meant if you paid a land surveyor for...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Best States For Surveying

Matt McKeegan, post: 433032, member: 12709 wrote: I've been in business for myself since 2005 and have licensed in five states. I would like to get a...

9 years ago
Reply
RE: Question about RR valuation maps

Jim 1822, post: 432567, member: 12822 wrote: I noticed another post on this forum asking about valuation maps so I hoped someone could help me with so...

9 years ago
Page 72 / 75