AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: If you can visualize it happening in your worst nightmare, it will happen to you eventually

Sh** happens, why did the insurance company pass it along without making sure it was complete, seems like the lady has some egg on her face too.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: the crazy has certainly come out this week

@one-cup-o-joe I started my department almost 7 years ago, we have become the main go to Engineering & Survey companies in the county and it has b...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: the crazy has certainly come out this week

@flyin-solo great answer, some day you will look back and laugh if you aren't doing so already.?ÿ Nothing like getting those calls, feeling your blood...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The idiots from Timbuktu strike again

@bill93 thanks for the visual!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The idiots from Timbuktu strike again

@bill93 Thanks for the follow up!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: When using more than 1 computer, carlson 2009

I've been using Carlson 2010, it sounds to me like you are only moving the point attributes and not the actual coordinates.?ÿ I'm now using 2018. In ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Pro-Forma Commitment

I have started them that way full well knowing that revisions, additions or deletions will be required when the final title report is issued.?ÿ At lea...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The idiots from Timbuktu strike again

Holy Cow, please enlighten this old Yankee, what is a cotton spindle?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: The idiots from Timbuktu strike again

@holy-cow this is the perfect example of why public bidding laws make no sense.?ÿ Both my former employer and I bid a large electronic tax map project...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: the crazy has certainly come out this week

The last thing I ever want to do is to speak to adjoiners if I don't have to, but, I have to say, at times, when I felt like I had to, some of them ha...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: TBM -- in a utility pole?

Most of the smaller builders I work for ask me to set a TBM of mark a finish floor elevation when we are staking foundations.?ÿ I typically do not set...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: How Long is Too Long? PLS's are hard to find

More than likely, the reason this this position remains open is the pay scale being lower than what the private market is paying.?ÿ Back in 2005 I was...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

@aliquot I used to know the system well, but, only from studying it, never from actually practicing in a PLS state.?ÿ I have probably forgotten most o...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Na 2002-3003 3.2-3.3 version, data transfer

Back in the day when I used Leica digi levels, they had an onboard rec card and an external card reader to transfer the data.?ÿ That was about 20 year...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: New Student

Sit back and enjoy, there are a lot of different topics discussed here.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Comment about corner description

It boils my blood when Engineers review and comment of survey plans, it happens to me all the time on subdivision plans.?ÿ Most of them only do it and...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Welcome to the Machine or Advice for an Office Surveyor

I wish I could offer you some words of wisdom but I can't.?ÿ I have worked for two large Engineering & Surveying companies as the Survey Departmen...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@350rocketmike no, because we don't do them.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

@aliquot You fail to consider that a PLS has to be proficient in the Public Land System to pass the test and answer mathematical questions with double...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@350rocketmike that's a valid use if you are not staking critical construction points.

5 years ago
Page 62 / 75