AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@rover83 "Properly performed".?ÿ I'm 38 years in and have so many horror stories from 6 different places that I have worked.?ÿ I have had to put the e...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@norman-oklahoma but you have the time in to understand the math behind it and enough knowledge to accept or reject.?ÿ You have the time and experienc...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@rover83 Just like anything else, the software is only as good as the people using it.?ÿ If you don't understand what you are seeing it falls back to ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Protecting Monument Wells Question

@jimcox great solution! ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@norman-oklahoma imagine something going wrong with a resection, causing something to be built incorrectly.?ÿ When you are sued and explain the standa...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@norman-oklahoma I work on large commercial and school construction projects routinely.?ÿ I've been on several sites for two years after the walls hav...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@tim-v-pls until your resection goes wrong.?ÿ I have seen it happen more than a few times.?ÿ My crews do not resect unless it's a last resort.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

@aliquot I guess I am still missing your point.?ÿ There are a ton of things that need to be known in Colonial states, both in the field and in the off...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

@aliquot easy??ÿ Have you ever tried to recreate the King's Grants??ÿ Try dealing the the mess that sometimes arises with the land granted to William ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Setting Good Control For Large Building Layout

@rover83 You lost me at resection.?ÿ When your control is set out correctly and set to a restrained H & V net work, there should be any reason to ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: A little PLSS quiz

I'm out, I don't do the PLS.?ÿ We are Colonial here. ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Civil 3D training

All I can say is to contact the developers and as for a list of certified trainers.?ÿ Depending on the depth of power you are using it for, access has...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Mea culpa to two old time land surveyors.

@dms330?ÿ Here in NJ, most counties are the keepers of records.?ÿ They have been scanning them and making them available online since the 80's, in mos...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Nonfeasance

I practice in NJ and the towns are pretty much useless as a source of information, with the exception of maybe pulling some names from the tax records...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Newer used truck

Mobile One, all the way! ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Another whatisit

@stacy-carroll the you at least locate it to see how it fit your resolution??ÿ It may have been some sort of witness or tie point. ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Newer used truck

If your current truck will last another year or two I would recommend holding on to it.?ÿ The prices of used vehicles are through the roof right now, ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Newer used truck

@jitterboogie the only oil I have used in years! ?ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Solar Farm Pile Layout

In my mind, it all depends on the tolerances expected.?ÿ I have laid out smaller solar projects and always used a TS because I was staking and generat...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Non-payment

I learned my lesson years ago doing layout for contractors on highway construction projects that I had to pay my people prevailing wages on.?ÿ I bill ...

5 years ago
Page 63 / 75