AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: You know why you no see?

I was working with one of my mentors back in my green horn days.?ÿ We did our initial traverse with a 30" K & E optical transit with me running th...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveyors with Side Arms

I spent the first 55 years living in a rural part of NJ.?ÿ I have an awesome compound bow and several quality long guns.?ÿ The hoops one has to jump t...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Small unmanned watercraft needed

Any updates on the route that you've chosen??ÿ

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Partial street replacement and hydrology

When I worked a stint in engineering, the firm I worked for was the Township Engineer for one of the famous Levitt towns.?ÿ Levitt built complete town...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: MSL height difference with different brands

Manybe a difference in antenna types and offsets?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Stakin' in the rain, what a glorious feeling!

When I was in the field, the rule of thumb was 4 rain drops per minute in a one square inch box, pack it up and sit in the truck until it either stops...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Teachers: you aren't always going to have a calculator...

@bushaxe I use an app on my cell phone that emulates the HP 15C.?ÿ I use it almost every day and it works great!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: bad architectural plans

@mike-marks what duty do we have to the inspectors??ÿ None.?ÿ Our duty is to our client to stake something from a plan that is mathematically correct ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: If that one bounces i'll write you another...

Out of all the things I love about surveying, chasing the money is absolutely the worst part.?ÿ When I ran my own business after the market crashed in...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: That Pythagoras guy

@bill93 I'll bet they were screaming at as if it was your fault!

5 years ago
Reply
RE: QuickCogo Software

@leegreen I'm looking into outfitting my crews with tablets, not for data collection, more for the ease of transfering files and PDFs to and from the ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Who knows how much weight they haul in their trucks?

@holy-cow My RV weighs 15,000 lbs and has a gas powered Triton V-10 in it.?ÿ It sometimes struggles to climb on steep grades.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: QuickCogo Software

Would this software work on a Windows 10 tablet?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Railroad Right-of-way

In parts of Southern NJ, especially in the pinelands region, an expansive national reserve,?ÿ Railroad Right-of-ways still exist in some areas and ext...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Railroad Right-of-way

@holy-cow which came first, the chicken or the egg?

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Determining Railroad Right-of-way

@kevin-hines I was going to say something similar but couldn't remember the propper termonology for the Val Maps.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Long time reader, first time member

Welcome!?ÿ Going out on your own is a major financial investment, I'vebeenthere and done that through some pretty hard times and was able to pay the b...

5 years ago
Page 56 / 75