AI Assistant
Notifications
Clear all
chris-bouffard
chris-bouffard
@chris-bouffard
Member P&R, Founder
Joined: December 12, 2016 10:53 am
Last seen: October 6, 2026 5:28 pm
Topics: 64 / Replies: 1434
Reply
RE: Recognizing an implicit easement

Plat H, as you describe it, has it's own legal boundary, or, title lines.?ÿ It does not fall within the practice of a Professional Land Surveyor to de...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Permissive use?

This is a tricky one, I don't believe adverse possession applies because there is no mention of any sort of dispute over it's use.?ÿ Complicating the ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying from a remote location

@bstrand some things are ingrained in you if you have worked in the field for years but there will always be those with impractical expectations regar...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying from a remote location

@jph why would PLS or RLS, after having more than many years of experience have to visit the field??ÿ The resources available at the tip of the layman...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying from a remote location

@nate-the-surveyor no matter how good or bad a crew, they are not going to get any better or worse by your presence in the office.?ÿ 40, 30 or even 25...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Surveying from a remote location

I have been working from a home office for just about 3 years now because COVID almost killed me.?ÿ I get a daily field crew schedule emailed to me so...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Earthworks

Quantity calculations.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: When the Surveyor becomes the client

@holy-cow the saving grace is that now, because it's an investment property, I can write the expenses off on my taxes.?ÿ Other than low interest mortg...

5 years ago
Topic
Replies: 3
Views: 1015
Reply
RE: Do you charge more than your competitors?

I do, allot of my work is for larger commercial developers who need fast turnaround times.?ÿ We are able to provide them with that through a larger st...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: SurvPC, Carlson Survey, and staking manholes

I do all my stakeout set up in SurvCad.?ÿ I typically stake the center of structure, a 10' offset with a point number for each invert and a 20' offset...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Asking for a friend

I don't understand the requirement to be within 0.001'.?ÿ Results with those tolerances are virtually impossible to repeat in the field and nothing wi...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Marking semi-permanent control points on masonry

@johnymal I was going to suggest the same tool, it's not a pen, it's a scribe that you can use to etch your mark in the sill.?ÿ I wouldn't use any typ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Old Surveyor

I started surveying in 1983 in a three-man crew and also worked my way up to management.?ÿ I now run 6 crews with two men each.?ÿ I refuse to run a on...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Carlson Intellicad Snaps

I've been using Carlson Survey since about 2003 and in the days when I was running IntelliCad, I recall all of the commands and setting options to be ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Board of Control

@norman-oklahoma the shoe phone was way ahead of its time.?ÿ Maxwell Smart had all the good gadgets.

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Karen attacks a Surveyor

@rover83 that's a good one! On another recon job for a different company, and again, on a Friday afternoon, we were sent out to recon a large K Mart ...

5 years ago
Reply
RE: Karen attacks a Surveyor

I was sent out to recon a job we were doing for the National Weather Service, they were planning to build what is now the weather station that covers ...

5 years ago
Page 51 / 75